M:I:III DVD PQ Issues

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer
Did anyone else notice a lot of moire and line noise during the Vatican scenes in M:I:III?

I was looking forward to this DVD because I greatly enjoyed it theatrically but was taken out of the movie on several occasions because of the line distortion.

My HT includes an Oppo 971 w/upconversion via DVI hookup to Sony 51" 16x9 HDTV.

gushin

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gustavo Hinojosa
You're right about the line structure in many scenes. Most online reviews mention this, and I noticed it, too. But I wasn't as distracted by it as I thought I would be.

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer
The funny thing is, I have yet to find a standard DVD review of this title. Every one I've read is a review of the HD-DVD or BR version.

Any links?

Thanks.

Cavan.B

Stunt Coordinator
I noticed it as well in the Vatican walls and a stairway shot. It's not terribly offensive, but disappointing. Maybe NTSC can't handle all that vertical resolution, or it's a mastering error.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
I have the Blu-ray and it's also bad! Who was in charge? Having it on DVD is maybe excusable but in HD?

James D

Second Unit
Agreed. I got my copy from Columbia House yesterday. I popped the disc in and scanned through the chapters. I couldn't believe what I saw when scanning through the Vatican scene. Very disappointing.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vikesfan1963