What's new

M.F. A3.2 CD vs. Classe .3 CDP. Would appreciate opinions (1 Viewer)

Shion_ca

Stunt Coordinator
Hello All,
System as stands : No name interconnects, 12 guage nuance wire (basically no name as well), Pair of Tannoy D700, Musical Fidelity A3CR pre/amp (separates). I am trying to match a CD player. Can get a Musical Fidelity A3.2CD for 1699 Can + tax (15%) or a demo (but full waranty) Classe .3 CD for 1500. Or for that matter a MF A3 CD for 1350 taxes in (the older model and a demo).

So two questions
1) Which makes a better transport if I want to upgrade in the future
2) and since I can't compare them, what your own preference would be.

Given that it's the only demo I'd have to act fast on the Classe. I am unable to return it (well aside from store credit, so can't take it to compare to the MF)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Shion, I have not compared the two players, but I have used the Classe player at a local dealer (not as a transport), and it is a very good player. In fact, I used it extensively at the store with speakers I eventually purchased, and with CDs I was very familiar with, the Classe sounded very nice. The detail was there, but without the brashness. My only concern when comparing the Classe unit to the new Musical Fidelity player is that the Class might be shown to be a bit long in the tooth, as it has been around awhile. I am just hypothesizing here. Also, something to take note of is that the Musical Fidelity player upsamples. To me, that makes it most worthy of an audition.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks