M-C SACD and Sony's speaker set-up combinations

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rachael B, Jun 20, 2002.

1. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    I just added a pair of Paradigm Monitor 11's to my system and moved my Monitor 7's to the sides. Sony's set-up menu has most every combination of speakers likely except centre small and the rest of the lot large, which would be purr-fect for my present configuration. CC-350 front centre, BTW.
    So, for the time being I've picked all large and M-C SACD's sound better than when I was using Mini-Monitors for sides. Previously only my L & R were designated large.
    Has anybody tried adding a sub to their centre channel to make it large too? I have a little 75 watt Atlantic Technology sub with inputs and outputs that could provide this duty. It's little 8" woof woof does music quite well. I have no space to set up a second sub here in my present abode, but I'm moving to a spacious locale in September where I would. Any ideas...[​IMG] ? Is a dedicated centre sub a good or bad idea? 250 words or less...[​IMG]

2. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
    Have not used it yet but tried it in the store. I've added a sub to the center and to the rears to make them full-range in my main system. I'll send you a photo.

3. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    Thanks 4 the e-mails and pic's Phil![​IMG] With 27 looks so far, doesn't anybody else have any ideas or oppinions?
    My goal is to eliminate the need for bass management for M-C SACD and DVD-A. What other option could there be for most centre channel speakers?