M-Audio Revolution MP3/WAV/PCM/etc playback...

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Drew_W, Jun 10, 2004.

1. Drew_W

Drew_W Screenwriter

So I have a Revo. And it does DD/DTS passthrough nicely.

I need to be able to listen to MP3s though through the digital connection. I've tried ASIO (doesn't play anything) and Kernel Streaming (crashes my computer). How do I get this thing to work?

I have a USB SB MP3+ card that I just plug in and it outputs everything through the digital connection...I expected the M-Audio to be just as simple. Seems I was wrong. Does it not pass everything through the digital output?

2. Scott L

Scott L Producer

I tried the Foobar 2k player with the Kernel streaming plugin (components page). Maybe I did something wrong but I can't hear a damn difference [​IMG]

Everyone's raving about the Audiotrack Prodigy 192 now. Have to look at that for my next system. This Revo in my puter just started acting up on me for some reason or another when I play games.

3. Drew_W

Drew_W Screenwriter

Tried that. Doesn't work for me. KS in Winamp crashes my computer too.

4. WayneO

WayneO Supporting Actor

Check your resolution playback for your MP3 "input" in Winamp and try another(16,24,32). Even though the Revo is a 24-bit card, the kernal streaming sometime doesn't like it. I used 24-bit when I first used kernal streaming and it was fine. After the new the driver install from March, I believe, it would lock on 24-bit. I use 32-bit with no problems. Also, might want to get the highly rated MAD mp3 input plugin and delete the original Winamp MP3 decoder. Have fun.

5. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Hey Wayne whenever I try updating to the latest driver 1.0.2.8, I dbl click on that tray icon, hit the About tab it says I'm using 1.0.2.6 still. Do I have to do what I did to my ATi card & boot into safe mode deleting all the previous driver files? :

6. WayneO

WayneO Supporting Actor

No. You should just unzip them to a folder. Go into the device manager and select the properties of the Revo and the "update driver" and point it to the folder you extracted them to and reboot even if it doesn't prompt you.

7. Scott L

Scott L Producer

If it comes as an .exe how do I extract the files? Thanks for your help btw.

8. WayneO

WayneO Supporting Actor

Man I must be getting lazy. Checked my Revo drivers and they are the 26's. My file says they are the 28's, but it doesn't show up that way. I'd uninstall the old drivers and run the new ones, that should work OK. If it still reads 26 after the install, maybe they got lazy and didn't change the about page.........and mine may be 28 as well.