What's new

m-audio revolution 7.1 (1 Viewer)

AlexKunec

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone have this card or has something to share about it? Seems like a heck of a card for $100 and I love m-audio.

Thanks,
Alex Kunec

TonyE

Stunt Coordinator
They rave about it at the AVS Forum. But i think it has audio sync problems when using it with an ATI All In Wonder. Do a search at the AVS Forum...

Craig Woodhall

Supporting Actor
great sounding card, but it is a little slow for games.. i don't think it has an onboard processor needed for games..

Craig

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
CompUSA had a $35 rebate on it (made it $100 - $35 = $65), except it expired 2 weeks ago. I am guessing the price will eventually come down from $100 in the not too distant future. And yes, if you read reviews on the card on the web, there are reasons that it's cheap.

Brian-K-Owens

Stunt Coordinator
Funny, I posted over at the AVS forum about the sync issue WAY before anyone else did, and I kinda got laughed at. . . ."just my machine problem". . . .

The audio sync issue is with the ATI DVD software. I went through that problem with ATI for over a month. I helped my friend build a HTPC, and he bought the AIW card. And it is not just with the all in wonder card. He ended up exchanging the card for an ATI video card and a soundblaster live card. . . .still happened. Returned the Soundblaster card and bought an M-Audio 2496 card; still happened. Tried using WinDVD instead of the ATI player, problem disappeared!!!!

If you are having sync problems with an ATI card, try TheaterTek or WInDVD. . . .I can easily make the audio and video go out of sync with almost any setup using a Radeon card and ATI DVD player!!!

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks