What's new

M*A*S*H Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Burke Strickland

Second Unit
I have enjoyed all four seasons of M*A*S*H released to DVD so far. On the whole, the DVD sets have been an outstanding reprise of a much-missed series in a well-executed and easy-to-use format. I am not concerned about the "effort" involved in selecting each episode rather than having all episodes on a disc play continuously. (In fact I would be more concerned if I were forced to watch all the episodes without being able to select a particular one.)

I did experience pixillation on some episodes on set three, which some folks in other threads tried to tell me was "minor film grain". I am now convinced that one disc from that set is defective (at least among the ones I own.)

In set four, that 50 minute first episode may be the "original", but I really miss the scene (cut from the DVD) which I distinctly remember from the first time I saw the "first" episode(s) of the fourth season during prime time while Major Burns is in command where he is in the mess tent fussily lining up the condiments on the tables, showing off his "authority" and enforcing military "discipline" and "order"

That sequence is only hinted at in the version included in the DVD set when he and Hot Lips are in line at the mess tent getting served and he comments on how the food should be arranged on the trays. I really wish they had given us both versions. The "original" as included on the DVD seems truncated with that omission. However, the following episodes do seem to be complete, and as hilarious as I remembered them.

Coressel

Supporting Actor
Burke, the spoiler you mention is actually from a different episode. I know exactly what scene you're talking about, but I can't remember which season it's from.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Wayne Rogers left because he couldn't stand Gary Burghoff. Apparently they got into some very heated arguments...
Rogers left for two reasons.

1. He didn't like being Alda's "sidekick"

2. Wayne Rogers was (and is) a very successful businessman outside of acting. He was making more money from real estate than he was from M*A*S*H.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks