M*A*S*H Season 2 DVD to be delayed till Fall?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Travis Hedger, Mar 20, 2002.

1. Travis Hedger

Travis Hedger Supporting Actor

http://www.foxhome.com/html/television2.html
    Well this isn't too good to hear.
    The insert that came with Season 1 says the next season is coming in May, but the above website says otherwise. Who is correct, and if it is the website, I wonder why it has been pushed back so far.

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

I think it's a typo. From what I hear they're way past Season 2 in the mastering stage.

3. James Miller

James Miller Stunt Coordinator

Then again, May is a big month for TV releases... ST:Next Gen. Season 2, Sex and the City Season 3, X-Files Season 5, Dark Shadows...

Some big (some bigger than others, but quite a few that DVD aficionados will definitely be buying) movies in May: Harry Potter, Pearl Harbor Directors Cut, Ocean's 11, Patriot:Superbit, Traffic:Criterion, Duel:Spielbeg, Memento:SE, First Blood:SE, The Others....

So maybe FIX decided that there was too much $ competition that month... Particularly among the TV releases... They may also figure that two season set releases that soon apart may oversaturate the market..

Also, I see no indication of expected release dates on Amazon, dvdpricesearch, or deepdiscount dvd; which is odd if a MAY release were expected...

BTW, I bet Sopranos Season 3 has already been mastered, but isn;t expected on dvd until late fall.