What's new

M*A*S*H: Goodbye, Farewell and Amen (1983) (TV) (1 Viewer)

Lars Vermundsberget

Supporting Actor
I have no idea, but I would expect it in the 11th (or whatever number the last season was) season set of MASH. There are six or so now, so I'd guess another two or three years.

Any reason to believe this special episode would be released outside the season sets?

Jeff D Han

Supporting Actor
I know that season #8 is coming out on May 24.
My guess is that the Goodbye, Farewell and Amen
episode will be part of the 11th season, and it
will come out late next year, FWIW.

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Right forum Steve K.H. as far as I know... it's a DVD and concerns release information which is posted here every day :)

The "episode" is not really an episode but a 2-hour movie which was aired as a final episode. It was released by itself on VHS many years ago prior to any M*A*S*H series releases.

Eric

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
You won't see this released before season 11 which given current patterns would come out in December 2006...right in time for Christmas how bout that?

If its released separately then I have a hard time seeing them releasing it at any other time besides the same day season 11 comes out. If I were fox I'd figure a way to release it separately and as part of the box set that way people that just want the finale can buy it without buying season 11...make a few extra sales that way I'm guessing.

I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again between now and the release...but Fox I can live with no extras on these season sets right now, but if you don't put some kind of extras on the last release...well then I will not be happy.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
I remember when it first aired on CBS in February 1983 as a
2 & 1/2 hour series finale. In syndication "Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen" airs as a 5-parter. It was the 11th year of the show. M*A*S*H was one of the greatest comedy-dramas of all-time but I won't buy it for my collection. Besides, it's been played to death (and beyond) in reruns and will continue to for decades to come.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
The Hallmark Channel just aired this last week and they showed it in its entirety, two and a half hours straight through.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

That's strange. The local station that airs it here never shows the last episode. I've only seen it once, and it was shown as a movie.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Well, local stations usually air the final episode (2 & 1/2 hours) as the last 5 episodes. The Hallmark Channel edits everything, even BONANZA reruns. The way they interrupt the end themes of the show they air....including breaking up the screen with an ad and removing all music until the promo spot is done is as bad as it gets!

Jeff D Han

Supporting Actor
FOX has done a good job so far with the season sets-
as far as I know every show is uneditied and has
complete opening and closing credits. They even
give you the option to kill the canned laughter
(a good feature). Let's hope the Goodbye, Farewell
and Amen episode is completely uncut, and has some
extras.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks