What's new

M*A*S*H* 2nd season in MAY !!!! (1 Viewer)

Mark Silver

Stunt Coordinator
Not only I am sitting at home enjoying MASH Season 1, but an insert says that the 2nd season will be released on May 3rd, 2002. I am psyched. That means roughly 3 seasons a year for 4 years and the whole collection will be out. That means I will have MASH's 11 seasons before Stargate SG-1 six seasons.

Anyway thought I would pass on the good news.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the good word, Mark! I was hoping they would bring out more than one season a year, or I may not live long enough to see them all!:D

Ian Such

Stunt Coordinator
Great news - I'm waiting for my copy of Season1 to come (should be this coming week), can't wait:)

chris c

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, just got season 1 yesterday and am thoroughly enjoying it. I will be ending my collection with season 3 or 4, depending on when Wayne Rogers and Maclean Stevenson left the show. I really only can watch M*A*S*H with the original cast - I never liked BJH, etc. So, my collection will be complete in the near future!

Anybody else miss their green M*A*S*H t-shirt and know where to get a new one?

Tim Travis

Agent
Wouldn't that mean it would come out on a friday? Mine just says it is coming out in may. Either way, it is great news, it would take a while to get them all with only one or two a year.

Tim

Thomas Hart

Stunt Coordinator
I saw this insert also stating May as the release date for season 2, which now seems kind of obvious (Memorial Day). I expect November to be the release date for season 3 (Veteran's Day).
Anyway, I'm really glad FOX included this coming soon insert, if for nothing else, to cut down on the number of posts asking when the second season of MASH is coming out (like the Simpsons posts I keep seeing)!
Oh, and this Season One set is awesome! Thanks FOX!:emoji_thumbsup:

IanS

Stunt Coordinator
As far as I am concerned, the seasons with Henry Blake and Trapper John are the only ones to buy.

Ian

Coressel

Supporting Actor
Ian, I sort of feel that way too. But I do like some of the "transitional" episodes from other seasons, like Trapper leaving and BJ taking his place, Potter's entrance, Burns leaving and Charles coming in. I'm not sure if I'd want every last episode from all the remaining seasons.

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
One of the episodes I still remember clearly (other then Goodbye, Fairwell, Amen) was the episode with Col. Blake being posted out of Korea, and Radar's stunned, heart stricken look as he stumbled into the OR to report the news of the Col.'s death. "I have a message: Lt. Col. Henry Blake's plane was shot down over the Sea of Japan. It spun in. There were no survivors."

Powerful episode.

I think one of the closest shows to reach that level with me of late was last season's BtVS and "The Body". Now to get back to the thread, I too was happy to see the "coming soon" insert in my Copy of M*A*S*H. Now if only my local store could get more copies of the Movie in stock before Tuesday...

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
I'll probably buy every season. Not because I'm a completist...okay - I am a completist...but because this show has a very special place in my heart.

About 12 years ago my mother died of colon cancer. M*A*S*H was her favorite show and I fondly remember watching an episode with her every evening during the six months she fought the cancer. (We also watched a ton of musicals - she was a choreographer. Musicals also hold a special place in my collection.)

Like music, I often collect DVDs because of a certain emotional connection to the movie/show.

-greg

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I'll probably buy the entire series so I can decide for myself when, if ever, I feel the show "lost it."

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I think you're all nuts. The show never lost it, not once in the 11 year run! It was terrific right up until the end.

Yes, the tone changed and so did the characters (not just people, like Burns to Winchester and Trapper to BJ and Blake to Potter...but also personalities, like Hawkeye and Hot Lips; they had MAJOR changes over the years the show went on).

But the popularity remained high. In fact, I recall that when it was announced they would end it, there was a general outcry. BUT...everyone was getting tired and they decided to end it on a high note.

And a high note it was. If nothing else, most of you who say you wont get the whole thing, you'll still get the last season just for "Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen".

Now All In The Family, IT lost it!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone remember "After M*A*S*H" ?? Now, that is for completists. :)
Yeah. I thought about asking Peter Staddon about it, 'cuz I could be considered one of those completists. :eek:
But, after all, it's probably too much to ask for. So I've just left it alone. If they came out, though, I WOULD buy 'em...even if it was to just watch them once.
On a similar note, I wouldn't mind having the TV Series "Trapper John, M.D."! :D

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yeah when they killed off Edith, that was not the right thing to do, So all in the family definately did drag on too long, but there's alot of funny stuff in between

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks