What's new

M*A*S*H – Season 8 (1 Viewer)

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Didn’t find a topic on this. I got this set last week and watched Goodbye Radar last night. I had never seen Radar’s departure before. Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed the episode and what a great episode it was. I also liked how Radar looks more mature and changed in season 8. It just feels like it’s time for him to leave.

Steven Wesley

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
Is it just me, or did the video quality in the Season 8 set seem rather bad... when compared to previous seasons.

Also, looks like FOX still hasn't fixed the bad chaptering to jump over the main title they started in Season 5. You'd think that would be pretty obvious, especially since they had done it in previous seasons without a problem.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
I was thinking that Season 8 looks on par with Season 7. PQ is about the same as it always was but the film seems to be in much better condition than previosu seasons (1 through 6, anyways) and is about as free of dirt and scratches as it's going to get without any restoration.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
you know just after I posted my last reply, I went to watch the 2nd half of disc #2. I spoke too soon...

The episode Stars and Stripes had a "shaky" image at times - especially during the first 5 minutes or so and the audio sounded a bit distorted.

However, the good news is (kind of) is that the starting with this particular episode, it looks like that first chapter has been properly placed after the the opening credits, as did the other episodes that followed on Disc #2. The problem with the "shaky" video seems to have only affected that episode, but the distorted audo, though not as bad as in "Stars & Stripes", still seemed to persist throughout the remainder of the disc.

Don't get me wrong, the episodes in question are still entirely watchable, but this sort of thing seems a bit out of character for Fox and they way they have handeled M*A*S*H thus far.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Damn Best Buy had only one copy of this Left when I went over the weekend and it was a Floater so I'll have to wait to find a copy.. Radar's exit was good..the show should've probably went with him.. it was getting pretty tired by then, still some good eps and compared to what's on Today for comedy, it's shakespere.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
The episode after Radar’s departure is great too. It’s where BJ and Klinger have problems with Radar. I actually like the graver tone of the later seasons a lot.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
That's the Episode I think where BJ's Daughter calls Radar Daddy. Then BJ Has to come to grips with that. THat was a good show. I know alot of People don't like the "Dramedy" . I you could buy the radical change from Comedy to Drama because after 8 years you had alot invested in these characters and you cared about them. I still have to pick up season 8 seems like we've been getting a flood of TV on DVD releases and next week is another huge on:

Dead Zone
Sopranos
Rescue Me
Wanted Dead or Alive

It's hard to keep up and some have been sliding due to lack of funds...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks