What's new

Lynch's MULHOLLAND DR. France SE ? (1 Viewer)

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
I understand that MULHOLLAND DR has been released in France in a special 2-disc edition. The second disc contains supplements about the film.

Would someone who owns this SE expound on the supplements and comment on the transfer?

Also, what's the best source to buy it?
I wouldn't mind a USA or UK seller, but I welcome all the suggestions I can get.

Thanks in advance.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I just wish David lynch would include the original TV pilot (the movie was reworked and expanded from) in any SE set.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
I doubt if Lynch will ever show the pilot.
He's probably afraid the pilot will deconstruct the feature film. I've read the script, and it's lacking all the dimensions that audiences have come to love about the feature. Maybe Lynch would have implemented the same surreal ideas into later episodes, but there isn't a hint of them in the pilot's script.

Deleted by moderator. Information on obtaining bootlegs is prohibited under HTF Rules.

But I would like to hear from someone who knows about the French special edition?

donnie_d

Stunt Coordinator
i dunno...i do have feelings that we will get a MULHOLLAND DR. special Edition later this year.

Shawn DuHast

Stunt Coordinator
having translated 2 of the reviews they both say even though the picture is good the low average bit rate of 3.5mb combined with 5 soundtracks and a 2 1/2 hr film combine to make the picture a bit flat with a lack of depth.
They also say the 24m making of is typical EPK stuff and says nothing about the actual film.....
The Mary Sweeney interview is entirely in French with no english subtitles....
I think I'll wait for a UK or US 2 disc SE.....ala R2 UK Lost Highway;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks