LVD-2001 problem

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Scott C Smith, Jan 2, 2004.

1. Scott C Smith

Scott C Smith Auditioning

Well I thought i had my problem solved with the video distortion but i don't. Played the hulk last night on dvd and it distorted bad in scenes. As soon as I changed my settings back on the player to 4:3 LB and 480p it fixed it. If i go up to 16:9 and 1080i...thats when it happens. I am using my hitachi HDTV (36udx10s).

Obviously it has something to do with the upconverting but I don't know what to do to correct. I have my brightness at -1 and contrast at -2 on the LO. Any ideas on why I am getting this problem when I upconvert the signal???

Scott

2. Jay Foster

Jay Foster Stunt Coordinator

Scott,

Are you using 2.29 firmware? If so, I think the looooooooooooooooooooooong liteon thread here recommends knocking contract down to -4 in the LO menu. Otherwise, it recommends upgrading to 3.01 and there is a link on the last page of the LO thread for 3.01. I haven't upgraded to it yet because my 2.29 is working fine.

I have an hitach 61swx10b so my tv is a little different than yours but it should have the menu to allow you to select full (for widescreen) and 1089i in the owner's menu. I know you probably did this but it is always smart to double check.

3. Scott C Smith

Scott C Smith Auditioning

I am using 3.01 from 2.29. I still get the video distortion during moving sequences on my Hitachi HDTV. Someone recommended turning the contrast down in the LO menu. Right now I have my contrast set for -2. I guess I will drop it lower to see what happens

Scott