What's new

International Lucy Gallant (1955) coming to DVD in Italy (1 Viewer)

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
From the A & R label in Italy... they are known as a bootleg label, I believe. Still they have some good quality discs in their catalog. I have a few and they seem to be the same masters used by Warner Archive in most instances.

"Lucy Gallant" is a long-wanted title for many... not as easy to find as other Paramount films from the same era. I'll be interested in seeing how this release turns out...

https://www.amazon.it/dp/B01GFJN1FU...UTF8&colid=V1D4XR4KEX7C&coliid=I3NO91T4CQQ7T2

71vqHflvOFL._SL1409_.jpg

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
As much as I want this personal favorite of mine on disc, I don't know a thing about this company releasing this DVD so I'm going to stay clear until I read something concrete as to the PQ of it and that it's not a bootleg. If it's a bootleg then we will not allow any promotion of this release here!

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
It's a fine line, Robert. A good deal of the releases from this label are licensed, so I don't know which way is which.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
For anyone thinking of buying this DVD ..... don't! The colors are faded, the picture is soft looking and blurry, the sound is poor. The picture is "anamorphic" but it looks like they took a full screen transfer and zoomed in. You've been warned.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
For anyone thinking of buying this DVD ..... don't! The colors are faded, the picture is soft looking and blurry, the sound is poor. The picture is "anamorphic" but it looks like they took a full screen transfer and zoomed in. You've been warned.
Yeah, I figured it would be crap based on the company releasing it.

Brent Reid

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brent
From the A & R label in Italy... they are known as a bootleg label, I believe. Still they have some good quality discs in their catalog. I have a few and they seem to be the same masters used by Warner Archive in most instances.
If you believe them to be a bootleg label, why are you posting this release here? Of course they're "the same masters used by Warner Archive" – they pirate Warner's and other labels' DVDs.
If it's a bootleg then we will not allow any promotion of this release here!
Too late: you already have!
A good deal of the releases from this label are licensed...
Really? And which specific titles would those be then? A&R Productions have an inventory of nearly 1300 DVDs and I don't know of a single legit one.
Anyone buying pirated releases deserves to get burned. No sympathy here.

A list of thieving, low quality labels to avoid.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks