Lucky Louie (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Alex,

I am curious whether that is your opinion or actually fact.

Really, I hope the series does well for those of you that are
enjoying it. It's not my intent to fart in this thread.

Alex F

Stunt Coordinator
Well, Ronald, since the format is a message posted by me, personally, to a message forum on the Internet, I would think that one could easily assume that what is contained therein is, in fact, my opinion.

But in case I am mistaken, yes, it is MY OPINION that Lucky Louie is the 2nd best thing HBO has going for it right now.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Not so fast Alex....

When someone reads this...

It can easily be mistaken for fact. Who knows if you are quoting
actual HBO ratings or not.

Alex F

Stunt Coordinator
okay, my wording was slightly ambiguous. apologies for the snootiness of my reply. :)

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I mostly agree with Ron but for one exception where I really did laugh out loud.
The Independence day episode when the little bald guy was talking about the origins of independence day.
"Fireworks are just an artistic representation of the founding fathers blowing their loads in each other's faces"

THAT, my friends, was gold!:laugh:

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I have a hard time figuring out how I feel about this show. It hasn't earned a Tivo Season Pass...but I haven't missed an episode. It is certainly funnier than probably any show on network TV right now (IN MY OPINION ;))...but something about that live audience just bothers me. I think it's growing on me though. On the other hand, I could see it getting old quickly if they don't get away from the "Home Improvement" (only R-rated) type marital conflicts week in and week out.

Alex F

Stunt Coordinator
with last night's episode being about their troublesome daughter and next week's about their friend's daughter, it looks like that won't be a problem, Scott.

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
i love the show as it feels "real" ... but last nights episode was a bit brutal in some ways, I was cringing most of the time ... I wanted to kill that little brat ;) ... but in some ways it really showed how there is no handbook for parenting.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
I think part of the problem with the show is that only appeals to a niche audience. Those of us that enjoy rude, crude, offensive, non-PC humor seem to love Lucky Louie. I believe that comedy has no boundaries and that anything, no matter how deplorable it might be, can be funny. This is a show that is meant to offend while it makes you laugh your ass off. I personally think this is best sitcom on TV right now, but it only works because it's on HBO. This show, on network television, would be a disaster.

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor

I enjoy all that, yet think the show pretty much sucks and will be going the way of " The Comeback" soon enough!

Alex F

Stunt Coordinator
ahhahahahahahahahahhahaahhaahahahhaa.

that's all I have to say about that episode. That was the best episode of this show yet. next week looks great as well.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

This show keeps getting better each week. Only 2 more episodes left this season. Anyone know if HBO has renewed it for a 2nd season?

Alex F

Stunt Coordinator
If they don't renew this show, I'm going to shoot someone. This is easily the best comedy on TV right now. What a hilarious finale. I need more Louie in my life.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

Just when I thought I had seen the funniest sitcom episode to ever air on TV ("Confession"), Lucky Louie topped itself with "Kim Moves Out". I haven't laughed this hard at a TV show since The Drew Carey Show & That 70s Show were both in their prime.

Since they were touting it as the season finale and not "series finale", I think our chances are good to see it return for a 2nd season. Next year I hope to see a bit more of Walter & Ellen, Jerry Minor's performance in the season finale was flawless and "Ellen"'s bitchiness really shined through. I was really feeling bad for his character.

Jimi C

Screenwriter
This show is great. I missed the first few episodes. I would definatly pick it up on DVD. I think I almost prefer this show over Entourage now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks