What's new

Lucille Ball & Her TV Shows (1 Viewer)

Emcee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Belflower
Lucille Ball is the undisputed Queen of Television Comedy. She starred in three (technically four) highly successful television sitcoms: I Love Lucy, The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour, The Lucy Show, and Here's Lucy. She was a staple on American television for almost twenty-five years, at a time when her shows dominated the Nielsen ratings, but rarely garnered any critical respect outside of I Love Lucy.

Almost all of her shows have been syndicated for the last five decades, with the exception of her final attempt, Life with Lucy, which got canned after eight episodes. She's an icon of American entertainment, and a true treasure for this avid classic movie-television addict.

Any Lucy fans lurking?

253f4ce4a492f665784fee148cd1931c.gif

JonathanSabin

Auditioning
Real Name
Jonathan
Yes, thankfully as far as I'm aware all Lucy shows are now available now that Life with Lucy got released this year. (That also includes things like guest appearances where she played Lucy Ricardo, such as the Milton Berle special which came to DVD in 2013, and the Ann Southern episode which is on YouTube.) Unfortunately most aren't available on Blu-ray or HD, except the first two seasons of I Love Lucy, I Love Lucy: The Movie (one of the extras on said set), and a collection of episodes from The Lucy Show.

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
I am intrigued by that blu-ray of The Lucy Show, but I am not certain it is legit. It should come from CBS, the company that released the complete series on DVD (looking great, BTW). I believe some episodes are public domain due to a copyright snafu, so I am wondering if this blu-ray is a collection of those episodes. I had a DVD years ago of public domain eps, and they were pretty beat up, maybe from well-used 16mm prints.

Larry.P

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, these are public domain episodes, not by CBS. But they are very clear, full HD.
So then they stole the transfers from the CBS DVDs and upscaled them or they stole them from Hulu or another streaming app.

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
"I Love Lucy" premiered on October 15, 1951.

2021 is the 70th anniversary of "I Love Lucy". So far there doesn't seem to be anything being done to celebrate this anniversary.

Emcee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Belflower
"I Love Lucy" premiered on October 15, 1951.

2021 is the 70th anniversary of "I Love Lucy". So far there doesn't seem to be anything being done to celebrate this anniversary.
There might not be such a demand for it anymore. CBS doesn't even do the yearly colorized episodes anymore (not as far as I can tell anyway).

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Sirius XM has started a pop up station Ch 104 where they are broadcasting Lucy's 1960's radio show "Let's Talk To Lucy" where she interviewed celebrities including Eva Marie Saint, Barbra Streisand, Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Carol Burnett and many others. This is a temporary station. Some of these shows were extras on her TV show DVDs otherwise they haven't been heard since originally broadcast..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks