What's new

Lucid Dreaming (1 Viewer)

Darren Mortensen

Stunt Coordinator
I believe that is the term, in which during a dream state you can consciously control your actions. I have these types of dreams frequently, and they are quite cool. For example, I may be asleep at night and having a routine dream. Then at some point in the dream...I actually realize I am dreaming...then I realize that since it is a dream there are no limitations to my dream experiece. I may choose to fly or do some other super human feat, although I must say some dreams have had a more sensual realm, still there is no limits..except to your imagination.

Has anyone else out there experienced these types of dreams?

Bernhard

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, I've had those dreams too... they're really great, but I have a tendancy to wake up once I realize I'm dreaming. But when I stay asleep I can have a quite wild ride. :)

Marshall Alsup

Second Unit
I wish I could do this. Some of my friends can and I think it would be great. The ultimate escape from reality! The ability to do literally anything!

Alas, I've never been able to.
-Marshall

Joe_C

Supporting Actor
When I was 14 or 15 I used to get these like almost every night, and whenever I got to the point where I realized I was dreaming, I would immediately haul ass over to the house across the street where two insanely hot sisters lived and I would...uh, yeah :)

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
The only time this happens to me is when I am having a really scary dream. At the point where I realize I am helpless in the situation, I tell myself "just wake up and it'll be over" and I'm jarred back into reality.

Then, I have to lie there in bed and think about if for an hour or so. :|

C

AllanN

Supporting Actor
I can for about 10 seconds and then I wake up. :angry: :angry: :angry: It sucks because in usually in the middle of something (or someone) really fun. There is one exception though, but this might not be a lucid dream because I cant control my surroundings but I can control my actions. I often dream that im in some kind of war. I always seem to be able to consciously think what im going to do next e.g. run, shoot, dive for cover, move ahead, fall back. Strange?

Mike__D

Supporting Actor
I've had dreams like that... the flying type are about the coolest you can have.

No how about the falling type dreams? I'm sure many have had those. I remember two of them clearly. The last one I had I dreamed I drove my car of the Walt Wittman bridge. I remember being in the car, feeling weightless as I dropped towards the ground, which, in reality it would have been water. I woke just before I hit.

That brings me to another question. Ever notice how in your dream, you could be someplace very familar, but the surroundings are completely different than real life?

Mike D.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Since this is essentially a movie-related site, I thought I'd recommend "Waking Life" for those who haven't seen it. Though I suppose it's a bit of a spoiler to say that someone's lucid dreamstate is sorta the key to the film,
I don't know how else to connect it to this discussion!

Fantastic DVD, too.

Cam S

Screenwriter
The only time this happens to me is when I am having a really scary dream. At the point where I realize I am helpless in the situation, I tell myself "just wake up and it'll be over" and I'm jarred back into reality.
This is usually what happens to me. Whenever I have a dream that feels real and that I can control somewhat, it's about violence, or something similiar. I've had them ever since some punk in highschool jumped me and kicked me in the head several times, knocking my out for 15 minutes. But that's a whole other story :angry:

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I would immediately haul ass over to the house across the street where two insanely hot sisters lived and I would...uh, yeah
:laugh: I've lucid dreamt like twice or three times, and everytime... ;)
LUCID DREAMING RULES! :D

Alex-C

Screenwriter
There are some who say if you work at it, you can increase or improve your lucid dreaming ability. I remember one thing about if you actively try to remember and write down your dreams, somehow you can improve your alertness in your dreams. Who knows, could be a lot of hooey.

I can sometimes lucid dream in the morning after waking up and falling back into sleep - sort of in between sleep and awake.

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Damn, I wish I could do this. I sometimes have dreams where I start to kiss really hot women and then realize that I'm cheating on my fiance so I quit. I guess my morals come into play even during dreams. Wish I could stop'em for a couple of good dreams! :D

Stacey

Stunt Coordinator
I tend to have repeating dreams and realize in my dream that I did A, B and C so then decide for fun to try a different route or set of actions.
Sometimes outside stimuli like someone calling my name or a noise or whatever will incorporate into my dreams so well that I think it's only my dream then wake up later to have someone tell me that they were talking to me (like calling my name and asking me a question) and I can remember what they said exactly.
Lucid dreaming takes lots of practice and I love sleep so there's hope for me yet. :D

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
I always get the bad end of the deal I quess. I will start to drift off & I don't know how to really describe it but I will hear or fell a pulse that just plane freaks me out. And every time this happens I always feel like something is going to happen to me, like something is after me that I cant get away from & I alaways wake up either screaming or clinging to my wife like a scared child.
I know that is probably pretty funny, sometimes I even think it is but sometimes it just scares the hell out of me & will find my self turning the lights on & wondering around the house double checking all the locks.

Anyway most of the time I have these dreams I know that I am dreaming but I always feel helpless to do anything about what is happening, & all I can do is scream ( hence me wakeing up screaming ) but most of the time it is hard to do even that & I just wake up totally freaked out & stuck to the side of my wife until I realize what is going on.
Sounds crazy I know, & I'm sure some of you may get a good laugh at this but it totally drives me nuts sometimes.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Yep, I can do it if I try hard. Usually just thinking to my self, "I will have a lucid dream tonight" increases my chances a lot, without the need to train myself by writing down my dreams as soon as I wake from one. However, this stops working if I try it too often.
It is possible to train yourself to lucid dream regularly. But, I haven't bothered since sleep is in short enough supply for me as it is. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks