Lucasfilm.......Please........Young Indiana Jones Chronicles

Discussion in 'DVD' started by dana martin, Jan 14, 2005.

1. dana martin

dana martin Cinematographer

Dana Martin
    Saw almost two years ago that this was going to be released as a box,/ multi set, and that Lucasfilm was making this almost completely interactive, i am wondering if they are holding off till the fourth film to release this, or if it is still in the works, i know that there was a huge amount of talent involved if they are looking for bonus material, but at this point i would be happy with just the programs.

2. DaveRU

DaveRU Stunt Coordinator

Yes please[​IMG]
    I want this too, brilliant series [​IMG]

3. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

Count me in as well

Superb series

4. Colin Davidson

Colin Davidson Second Unit
    Supporter

I don't know if this will help and unfortunately I don't remember exactly what was said but here goes...

Was channel surfing on my OTA HD receiver and happened upon a PBS station that was broadcasting an interview with Lucas that was done on 9/9/04. During the interview he was asked about Young Indy and said that he had numerous film crews going around the world and filming documentary footage to go along with Young Indy when it is released on DVD. He did not say a specific date for release but it sounded like this additional material was in the process of being done.

Lucas said he was committed to education through his foundation and that he wanted to add this additional material for teaching children about history.

Sorry I couldn't remember more word for word but that was the gist of what was going on with Young Indy.

5. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

I remember that too, but I thought it was long before that.

I am wondering just how this whole thing will be set up. I pictured 22 disks, one for each episode, but the way it sounded to me was like he was planning on having 1 extra disk of extras for each episode! I'd hate to have to pay for 44 disks! 22 will be bad enough!

Ideally, if he is going this route, I hope he'll have the set available both ways.

Glenn

6. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    If I recall correctly, one article on Lowry Digital Images' work on the 3 Indiana Jones films mentioned that LDI also did tests on the 16mm original footage used for the series.

7. MichaelSloan

MichaelSloan Stunt Coordinator

I also would like to have this series on DVD. I hope we would get every episode unlike the VHS releases. 5.1 Dolby Digital sound would also be nice.