What's new

Interview Lucasfilm on Star Wars the Complete Saga Blu-ray: Part II Matthew Wood (1 Viewer)

John Alderson

Supporting Actor
montrealfilmguy said:
CGI Yoda looks quite like Empire strikes back ,and one commenter says that puppet Yoda looks a bit like Jack Nicholson,now that i look at it he's not far off (in a As good as it gets kind of way )
I have to say, this is one welcome change. The TPM Yoda has always looked like Yoda's deranged uncle to me. I don't know what happened when they made that puppet. In one of the docs Lucas sounds kind of exasperated and says something like "Well I guess he changes his appearance every 10 years or something." I can't remember if that was in the TPM or AOTC doc, or maybe a commentary, but it always made me wonder how the TPM creation ever got approved.

montrealfilmguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ben Weaver
I've noticed that the eyes in ESB and in the CGI have that Einstein's eyes in E.T kind of thing going,suggesting youthfullness and awareness. The puppet looks like he's dozing off. "Anger leads to....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz "

montrealfilmguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ben Weaver
Gee thanks Coressel now i feel like making a sandwich !! Not entirely true,i always feel like making myself a sandwich.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
http://www.badassdigest.com/2011/08/30/did-lucas-add-vader-crying-noooooo-to-return-of-the-jedi Say this isn't so.

montrealfilmguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ben Weaver
Ok now he's pushing it. http://www.filmjunk.com/2011/08/31/star-wars-fans-flip-out-over-additional-changes-to-original-trilogy-on-blu-ray/#more-62875 Everybody,i mean EVERYONE on planet Earth hated that nooooooo at the end of the last prequel. I don't know anybody who went " Wow,that's a very primal scream,it gives me chills and tears are rolling down my cheeks.I feel for you Darth/Hayden " And yet there he goes,adding some more.And in Return mind you. And that new Krayt dragon call ? I was told by a reliable source this is only a temp track because George has not yet decided if he's gonna replace it with Cheech OR Chong.:f Someone get Spielberg to go and kick him in the midichlorians please. as long as he just defiled the prequels,fine with me.I'm not watching them anyhoo. But now,i'm seriously beginning to question if i'm gonna fork over the money solely on the merits of the extras and docs

I guess the thing that bothers me the most is that he keeps changing them. Does HE even like the latest versions? Are they what he finally considers "his vision?" Or is he not done playing with his technology? If he wants to fiddle around with software and keep changing things, then he should keep them as his own personal versions and let us have ours. It's like when I first got a Speak and Spell and I kept spelling curse words because they gave me and laugh and because I COULD. Are these versions just something he has playfully put together or are they his serious final say?

EnricoE

Supporting Actor
screw lucas... he can keep that crap he made out of the original trilogy. i'm not getting it!!! wanna make me happy george? release the unaltered, uncensored trilogy in hd

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
This is really ridiculous http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27RVJJfny4I&feature=player_embedded Absolute power corrupts. He is completely out of touch with reality and being the only powerful guy that nobody can say anything to him, that corrupts and make him do ridiculous things. Lucas try to remember again, movie making and Star Wars as you said before, is not a one man work. It was a collaborative effort and the input of all those great people, made it great. Star Wars is not great just because of you. YOU DIDN'T MAKE STAR WARS. I never thought I would say this but for the first time in my life (I'm 38) I will not buy this Star Wars release. I was planning to buy this, but with all this ridiculous stuff by Lucas (He truly needs to consult someone) it will not even be an effort, I just feel not buying it, the ridiculousness has to stop at one point. Learn from Lord of the Rings George. I just gladly bought again the entire trilogy on Bluray.

montrealfilmguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ben Weaver
Hey that'd be a terrific idea SamT.. Dear Mr.Lucas, Seeing how you're making changes left and right for no apparent reason and that your decision-making is now comparable to that of a drunken sailor,i have decided to not only NOT buy SW in bluray,but to buy LOTR on bluray...twice.And i'll be raising more of my hard-earned money in case there is eventually an ED Wood 14-films bluray set that comes out. Or maybe LOTR Thrice. P.s. This may be all a marketing coup on your part seeing how you're making a lot of folks angry,and thinking in the back of your mind of releasing the Original trilogy untouched,unblemished,uncorrected with no inane changes like switching back Leia to her original age of 12 (Sorry Dakota..too late.) or Kyber crystals,Opushi planet or Usby C.J.Thape. I surmise you'll take losses now,but quadruple your sales then. Bad salesmanship,but good marketing. If i ever get hold of a time machine,i'm sending you back to 1962 Modesto speeding in your Fiat bianchina just before the car got wrapped around that tree,and making you think afterwards that you are since then living on borrowed time. This might be a bit too far in the past,so here's a few pics to jumpstart your memories.Please look closely at the 3rd picture. http://www.graffititribute.com/?page=history thanks for listening,that is,if you can "hear" anything anymore Always a fan, Ben Weaver

ijthompson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jordan
In light of recent events, I thought some of you guys might get a kick out of this bit of humour writing I did for a website a few years back, when the dvds first came out: :)
***** GEORGE LUCAS TO REDO DATE WITH AREA CHEERLEADER
Modesto, California - October 3, 2004 At a recent press conference held to celebrate last month's release of the original Star Wars trilogy on dvd, multi-millionaire filmmaker George Lucas announced his plans to re-enact his first date with Modesto cheerleader Tiffany Nolan. "For my overall arc as a human being and a filmmaker to make the most sense, dramatically," explained the movie mogul, "it was critical that I at least get to second base with Ms. Nolan all those years ago. Unfortunately, the technology needed for that to happen just didn't exist at the time." The date in question occured on August 15, 1962, and consisted of a trip to the local malt shop and a screening of Eegah! at a drive-in cinema, followed by a slap in the face and an awkward drive home. All told, the evening was concluded by 9:30 pm. "That last thing will be the easiest to take care of," Lucas explained emphatically, "in those days, the attention span of an average audience was much shorter. This time, I'm confident that the date will last until midnight, at least." Originally brought in for a modest budget of $2.60 US (for burgers, shakes, and movie tickets), the evening will now benefit from Lucas's seemingly limitless production budget, of the type that has secured his position as one of Forbes magazine's 100 wealthiest men in America. "Yes, the higher production value will enable me to really do the evening the way I originally wanted it done, including installing one of my patented THX sound systems in the Twin Star Drive-In", Lucas explained. "In fact, I'm pretty sure it was the substandard sound and picture quality at the Twin Star that killed the date in the first place." In answer to rumours that Lucas intended to cast 23 year-old actress Natalie Portman in the role of Tiffany Nolan, but that Portman and her team of lawyers had squashed the idea before it was even on the table, George replied sullenly, "It was a scheduling thing, more than anything. To get creative artists of this caliber all together at the same time is never easy. I mean, just look at how long it's taking us to make Indiana Jones 4!" Instead, original Modesto cheerleader Tiffany Nolan, 59, will be portraying herself once again, only this time with her dialogue and actions brought more in line with Lucas's original vision. "That creepy little toad!", answered Nolan when contacted by telephone, "I always knew he would pull something like this! I still say that that was, like, the worst date ever! I only went out with the little square 'cause I thought his friend Jack Tate was coming - now he was totally boss!" Despite Nolan's significant aging in the years since 1962, Lucas has enlisted his team of special effects experts at Industrial Light and Magic to digitally reconstruct the aging woman and restore her to her former beauty, plus adding what George calls, with a grin, "a few new surprises." "Ultimately, it's about staying true to your original dreams and aspirations," the filmmaker concluded, "and not letting anybody tell you that you can't do something. And I'm just glad that I have the means and the freedom to go back and do things the way I always wanted them done." Ex-cheerleader Tiffany Nolan, however, had different views. "This doesn't make any sense," she pleaded, sobbing into the telephone, "don't I get some sort of say in this? I'm nearly a senior citizen... I have grandchildren of my own! How is this possible?" Apprarently, in the magical, marvelous world of George Lucas, anything is possible.
*****​

montrealfilmguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ben Weaver
:D.:D.:laugh: That's a really good read ijthompson !! going to see Eegah at the drive-in...BWAHAHAHAHA too bad there were no racing films for him in that period.The racers with Kirk Douglas was made back in 1955,while Grand prix and Le mans would only come out a few years later One of the best articles i've read lately. Thanks for this. His middle name is Walton,but he should change it to "a few new surprises" George A few new surprises Lucas..

WinstonCely

Second Unit
Real Name
Winston Cely
As far as Lucas adding new dialogue to Vader at the end of Return of the Jedi when the Emperor is electrocuting Luke on the Blu-ray release..... Nooooooooooooooooo!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Originally Posted by DellaStMedia

As far as Lucas adding new dialogue to Vader at the end of Return of the Jedi when the Emperor is electrocuting Luke on the Blu-ray release.....

Nooooooooooooooooo!

The biggest problem with the scene is that it affects the moment of truth that the entire 6 film saga has worked towards. I suspect that's why he did it, but it just ruins an otherwise classic sequence.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
"You're TEARING ME APART, PALPATINE!!!" That's nothing. You should see what Lucas has planned for the eventual 4K release in a few years. He's replaced all of Vader's lines with the sound from the rape-scene in Irreversible. Even Baby Vader and Emo Vader lines. Just calling you a whore, and how you deserve to be fucked up the ass, over and over and over. In French.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
EnricoE said:
screw lucas... he can keep that crap he made out of the original trilogy. i'm not getting it!!! wanna make me happy george? release the unaltered, uncensored trilogy in hd
Don't hold back.....tell us how you really feel. :D Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks