What's new

Luc Besson's The Big Blue (1 Viewer)

Jodee

Screenwriter
Besson's The Last Battle/Le Dernier Combat DVD is being released in R1 on 8/21-- next week!
I ordered it sight unseen as I love all of Besson's work and I'm looking forward to receiving the disc.

Rolando

Screenwriter
At the risk of looking like a newbie or idiot I have to ask... What is the original language for this movie? Is it French? Is it English? I have a feeling Jean Reno did the dub for the alternate language so it throws me off... Rosanna is annoying in any language... well?
Should I be watching it in French or English?

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
The original language is English. Besides, I doubt very seriously that Rosanna Arquette could speak French!
laugh.gif

Mike Heenan

Second Unit
Anyone know why they didnt include the 90 minute or so documentary that was on the japanese laserdisc. Im glad I taped that, even though most of it is in french language.

Robert Holloway

Stunt Coordinator
For what it's worth
I campaigned for five years to get this released on LD and failed. We then moved our effort to DVD - and bravo!
My 2nd son is called Luc and i have a tattoo on my back of the single dolphin.
Guess you could say I'd recommend this film.
Glad you all like it
Rob

Ken Stuart

Second Unit
Actually, I think that Roseanna Arquette's performance is just fine. I think that the people who are annoyed, are annoyed at the character - I don't think that it is a problem with her acting. I think that Besson chose her for the role, precisely because she has that quality, that matches the character - who is annoying.
And, I think the additional scenes with her and her roommate, found in this Director's Cut, help to clarify her character.
PS To Frank - this site has a "spoiler" feature that allows you to put spoilers under a black area that can be removed by the reader by moving their mouse across the area. But, it is still appreciated that you did precede them with a big bold-font "SPOILERS:" alert.
[Edited last by Ken Stuart on August 17, 2001 at 01:46 AM]

Frank L

Stunt Coordinator
PS To Frank - this site has a "spoiler" feature that allows you to put spoilers under a black area that can be removed by the reader by moving their mouse across the area. But, it is still appreciated that you did precede them with a big bold-font "SPOILERS:" alert.
Ah, didn't notice that before. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll be sure to use that next time.
------------------
F

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks