What's new

LT150/LT155/VT540 projector audition in Colorado Front Range? (1 Viewer)

Drew Eckhardt

Stunt Coordinator
Having taking care of the audio end of my system, I figured that a projector would round things out and be a nice late Christmas present from me to myself :)

I really like the idea of one of the presentation projectors paired with a HTPC from both conceptual (blacking out the room for DVDs is OK while for satellite it seems a bit much and DLP accomodates this; these things seem to be low maintenance compared to CRTs; everything is tweakable in software which I understand; and scaling/inverse 3:2 pulldown done in software has the potential to be perfect) and budgetary perspectives.

Unfortunately, having seen old digital (ugh) and new LCD (fine a couple feet farther from the screen than the DLP or CRT)/DLP (wow) projectors I fear that the ones that get good reviews and my wallet likes (LT150/VT540/LT155-156) may vary visually from the ($2-$7K more than I want to spend) handful of over priced (and mis-aimed/set too bright at one shop) units stocked by the two local dealers that I've seen in person so I'd like to check one of these models in that order first.

Is there any place in the Colorado Front Range (Boulder area would be ideal) I could check one of these out in person? I fear that a shop is out of the question and don't want to impose on a stranger, although I could bring my Lexicon DC-1 and Adcom 545IIs over if any one wants to host show and tell.

(My mother is at least as long-winded as I am, leading me to suspect that it's genetic)

Marc Rochkind

Second Unit
Can't help you find what you're looking for Drew, but if you do set anything up, I'd love to tag along... I'm curious as to what's out there, too. [I'm in Boulder.]

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I might be able to host such a thing.
I live in Lakewood, just west of Denver.
Right now I have a HTPC hooked up to an LT150 with a DIY 16x9 screen made of blackout material.
If you are interested, come to the restaurant "32 Degrees" 1718 Broadway (Broadway & Arapahoe)
in Boulder this Saturday night(5th) at 7PM. I'm performing in an improv show there(Mile Hi-Larity). :) It is free, but I think you have to buy a drink or whatnot. Anyway figured that would be an easy way of meeting and we could talk out a good time to do it.
You can see pics of my setup at my webpage. I can get almost complete darkness even during the day, just so you know.
Email me at [email protected] if you plan on coming.
Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks