What's new

LT sheet at FRD site updated (1 Viewer)

Jeff Rosz

Second Unit
oh, sorry here's the link. lots of good stuff there.

to anyone in the know(Anthony G. perhaps?):wrt the LT sheet there, i have noticed a few quirks on the sheet. would anyone care to answer some questions?

jack, no prob :)

Isaac C

Stunt Coordinator
wrt the LT sheet there, i have noticed a few quirks on the sheet.
What did you notice?

There is one error I pointed out last year about the inverted phase of the LT circuit block (this prompted corrections of other spreadsheets as well). It wasn't obvious 'cause the virtual signal was inverted once or twice more through 1 or 2 more stages before being displayed as the system curve... until one looks at the LT block alone. I noticed the error when I was comparing my own LT equations to 2 or 3 downloadable LT spreadsheets. I haven't yet tried the updated FRDC-LT, perhaps the error has already been fixed :)

Cheers :)

Isaac

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
I noticed that the Xmax for the default driver, Tumult, is listed as 68mm, but the cell calls for one-way excursion in the pop-up.

Pete Mazz

Supporting Actor
So far, I've noticed it won't import old file formats.
It doesn't calculate Vd correctly.
I've always had to play with driver diameter to get correct Sd.

The expanded driver/wiring section is nice!:emoji_thumbsup:

Pete

Pete Mazz

Supporting Actor
Jack, I agree. Would be much easier. Why enter driver diameter at all, really?

Xmax may be the culprit. It looks like peak/peak gets the correct calculations and graphs going. Didn't take notice on the Tumult.

Pete

Pete Mazz

Supporting Actor
Input Buffer control gives me runtime error 1004 - Unable to set the Colorindex property of the font class.

The "Exceeded Max Excursion/Amplifier Power" popups no longer work.

I miss the toggle up/down control on the Power Applied cell.

Pete

A

Anthony_Gomez

I forget why Diameter was used. I think it was in one of the earlier codings. I changed it a while back to Sd, but for some reason, it got re-coded to Diam. As far as anything involving macros/VB, you will have to talk with Paul on those.

Jeff Rosz

Second Unit
i go to work and look what i miss..
jack and pete found eveything i did.
however the input buffer button locks the whole thing(on my comp anyway). sometimes i have to minimize the whole sheet several times for any changes to take effect. might be my version of excel though, excel 97.

the array section is a nice addition but a might confusing, i had to play with it and look at the formulas to figure it out....the user entered number in cell B20 "isobaric series" must be 1. otherwise you get division by 0 in cell B11 "comp drivers". maybe this is as it should be, i dunno?

so for a tummy, do we use 34 or 68 for xmax? edit: nevermind, one way, thx jack. just changed it to 34 and save file.

and a general question i have is about box stuffing...so i design a box with stuffing for a certian Q. naturally, Vb decreases due to stuffing. the LT sheet calls for Vb & fsc & Q. do i enter my params "as stuffed" or enter the unstuffed numbers?

"It doesn't calculate Vd correctly." it doesnt? is Vd not xmax*Sd?

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks