Lsu 31 Tn 20

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Doug R, Dec 8, 2001.

1. Doug R

Doug R Supporting Actor

oooooooooooh Rocky Top...

Pretty surprising result.. but after the abuse TN gave Florida last week (both on the field and with the mouth), it was such a welcome sight =)

2. Shawn McBride

Shawn McBride Stunt Coordinator

Geaux Tigers! SEC champs. Woohoo!!!

Shawn. (LSU Alumnus)

P.S. Should be interesting to see the BCS fallout tomorrow.

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

At the start of this football season, who wouldn've bet that LSU would have won the SEC chamionship? This was one crazy college football season!
    Congrats to the LSU Tigers. (I love it when Tennessee's coach knows he's going to lose a game, he gets that constipated look on his face). [​IMG]

4. SalMaglie

SalMaglie Stunt Coordinator

Now a team that didn't even win it's conference will play Miami for the national title. When will they do away with the corrupt BCS and it's plethora of bowl games and have a bonafide playoff system to determine the National champions? Best thing that happened today though was BYU losing. So much for the lawsuit they were threatening to bring against the BCS. Next time they should wait until they finish undefeated before running lawsuit smack.

5. John Thomas

John Thomas Cinematographer

Hey Doug, it's enough to know that the Vols knocked the Gators out of it. [​IMG]
    Congrats to the Tigers, however - they came to play and what I feared would happen - did. The Vols seemed to be flat after that amazing game last week. There were some dumb mistakes but I'm not going to take anything away from LSU - good job.
    Patrick, I'm assuming that you're a Bulldog fan? [​IMG]
    The game almost didn't surprise me though. It's been that type of year for college football in general. Now we have Miami (?) and probably Oregon (?!) playing for the national title. Miami has a history of going to the big dance (albeit the 80s crime gangs) but haven't really been in it for awhile. Oregon seems to be the best pick to go - I just can't see how they'd take Nebraska after they didn't win their conference (and took a horrendous beating from Colorado).
    Maybe BYU should go, they're undefeated, right? [​IMG]

6. Joseph S

Joseph S Cinematographer

7. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

T! I! G! E! R! S! GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!

Oh man this was such a great game! The question should be who will start the Sugar Bowl???? The freshman who got the job done and beat Tenn. or the ol' senior who has helped lead LSU to having one of their best offenses ever. I be the victory partys on campus are crazy tonight!!!

8. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

It was a great game; I just don't think that TN had any idea of what Mauck was going to do with the offense, and hadn't game planned any of it.

It was so funny to watch you guys pull another upset in the Georgia Dome less than one year after you upset us (GT) in the Peach Bowl. Best of luck in the Sugar, what a party that will be. I'm sure glad I wasn't in Buckhead last night to see the ensuing debauchery after the win.

And now I find out that GTs coach is leaving to go to Notre Dame; what a day.

9. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

John T, NOOOOOO! I'm a GT fan (and alum). My favorite teams are GT and whoever is playing Georgia on Saturdays. [​IMG]
    I would rather see Oregon (who at least won their conference) because they were pretty strong all year, with a very close 1-point loss to Stanford. Nebraska got shellacked by Colorado. No team that allows 60+ poins on any weekend has any business playing for the national championship.

10. Van Patton

Van Patton Second Unit

Well last night I was at the GA dome rooting for my TN Vols and DAMN the defense played respectable but Randy Sanders needs to quit watching 1987 replay tapes and do something new with our offense. The play calling was too predictable and turnovers killed us. I still can't get over the fact with like 4 or 5 minutes left in the game TN got to the LSU 4 yard line and had to kick. 3 incomplete passes!!! OH well at least us TN faithful get to see BCS fallout occur.

11. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

Well, I made the trip down to watch the Georgia Dome thing and came away with some great feelings although my Vols didn't come away with a win.....

1) The Vols won the second quarter.... although they didn't play the other three

2)I remain a Vols Fan

3)Glad the Vols don't determine what I get for christmas.

Kudos to LSU for they came to take that game away and did it. Tenn. had their chances and did not capitalize whereas LSU made use of all that was given them and then took some of their own. I agree with the Sanders comment above and one would just have to wonder how much loyality Fulmer really has with his offensive planners.

This has been and will continue to be a strange college season. The BCS will see to that for it is surely wrong that Neb would be ranked ahead of the one who beat them so badly.... and then for Crouch to win the Heisman....

12. Darren H

Darren H Second Unit

I have to admit that I wasn't too suprised by the game last night. There was a sense all week in Knoxville that our team just wouldn't be prepared. This is why I love college football, though, and to the exclusion of almost every other sport. A school can recruit the best players and have the best facilities and best coaching staff, but the outcome of most important games still comes down to mental and emotional toughness. We had it last week in the Swamp, but just look tired last night.
    My one complaint with that game, though, is that I really hated to see the Vols play (IMO) dirty. The first hit on Davey was obviously late. Henderson took a cheap shot at Mauck's head. And we seemed to be constantly talking trash. It was like they mistook aggressiveness for focus and controlled confidence. Pretty ugly.
    This will definitely be a test case for the BCS. Here's the thing: Nebraska was several points ahead of Oregon last week and neither team played this week. It goes to reason then that there should be no way that Oregon moves to #2 (although they probably deserve to be there). If Oregon does end up in the Rose bowl, it's only because voters *changed* their votes in order to prevent Nebraska from going. Either way the BCS is screwed: we get either a team that didn't make it to its own conference championship or we get proof of the fallibility of the voting system.
    So is anyone else rooting for Colorada now? I'd love to see Nebraska squeak out a win against Miami and Colorado spank Oregon, just so the final poll would look like this:
    1. Nebraska
    2. Miami
    3. Colorado
    It would be especially sweet if the poll that isn't tied to the BCS (I can never remember which one) voted Colorado #1. Can you imagine if the chapionship were split between a team with two losses and a team that the other humiliated by scoring 62 points on them? Lots of what-ifs, but it's still possible.
    Should be interesting.
    Just a recap: Maryland, Illinois, and LSU won their conferences this year and are playing in BCS bowls. I love this game. [​IMG]