lrc rca compression connectors

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Bryan_G, Jun 18, 2004.

1. Bryan_G

Bryan_G Agent

Do any of you guys have any experience with the lrc rca compression connectors?
    http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=092-458

I like this because the compression tool seems to works with the other snap-N-seal connectors that can be bought in bulk off of such places such as ebay. However the rca connectors look kind of cheap. I hope that is not the case. I haven't seen one in person. I am not a person who beleives in magic cables, but I know that intermitent connections are REAL. The partsexpress generic brand looks to have quality connectors, however they have already discountinued the F-connectors and it wouldn't suprise me one day to not be able to find any connectors. If anybody has any experience with these or any other such connectors/tools, I would apreciate it if you would let me know.

-Bryan

2. Bryan_G

Bryan_G Agent

Do any of you guys have any experience with the lrc rca compression connectors?
    http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=092-458

I like this because the compression tool seems to works with the other snap-N-seal connectors that can be bought in bulk off of such places such as ebay. However the rca connectors look kind of cheap. I hope that is not the case. I haven't seen one in person. I am not a person who beleives in magic cables, but I know that intermitent connections are REAL. The partsexpress generic brand looks to have quality connectors, however they have already discountinued the F-connectors and it wouldn't suprise me one day to not be able to find any connectors. If anybody has any experience with these or any other such connectors/tools, I would apreciate it if you would let me know.

-Bryan

3. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Although it doesn’t appear to be the case judging from the picture, the description claims they are gold plated.

The only think that jumps out at me is the fact that you can only use them with RG-6 or RG-59, which is pretty stiff and unwieldy for in-rack use.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

4. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Although it doesn’t appear to be the case judging from the picture, the description claims they are gold plated.

The only think that jumps out at me is the fact that you can only use them with RG-6 or RG-59, which is pretty stiff and unwieldy for in-rack use.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

5. Bryan_G

Bryan_G Agent

I have been using rg-6 so that is why I am looking at these. Most of the runs are already in-wall. It looked like the compression connectors would provide a better connection then the regular crimp. I noticed that most cable tv companies use the compression connectors, so I figure that they are better to work with.

Thanks for the response.

Anybody else have any experience?

-Bryan

6. Bryan_G

Bryan_G Agent

I have been using rg-6 so that is why I am looking at these. Most of the runs are already in-wall. It looked like the compression connectors would provide a better connection then the regular crimp. I noticed that most cable tv companies use the compression connectors, so I figure that they are better to work with.

Thanks for the response.

Anybody else have any experience?

-Bryan

7. StephenHa

StephenHa Second Unit

I have used them, the only problem I had was getting a feel for when the cable bottomed out, they do work well, and the rg-6 can be easy to work with if you get a good grade

8. StephenHa

StephenHa Second Unit

I have used them, the only problem I had was getting a feel for when the cable bottomed out, they do work well, and the rg-6 can be easy to work with if you get a good grade

9. Bryan_G

Bryan_G Agent

Thanks for the input. I will probably go ahead and give them a try. If the rca connectors aren't any good I can alway just use the f-connectors.

-Bryan

10. Bryan_G

Bryan_G Agent

Thanks for the input. I will probably go ahead and give them a try. If the rca connectors aren't any good I can alway just use the f-connectors.

-Bryan

11. StephenHa

StephenHa Second Unit

exactly

12. StephenHa

StephenHa Second Unit

exactly

13. Bryan_G

Bryan_G Agent

14. Bryan_G

Bryan_G Agent