What's new

LP cover's as wall art (1 Viewer)

Dave Sutton

Agent
I was thinking - there are a ton of fantastic LP album covers out there - wouldn't it be a cool idea to mount/frame them and hang them on my office wall.
Has anyone done this? If so, any tips? (besides removing the albums first) :) I have to believe that there are bunch of people out there that have several of their favorites nicely framed on their walls.
Thanks!

joe rizzuto

Stunt Coordinator
i have done it with a sinatra and a james taylor cover. the sinatra hangs in my ht room and jt is in my buddy's place. (it was a gift) frames with precut mat (the exact size needed) can be had at ikea. i also have several cd covers on my walls also.

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
I have a few hanging in our spare bedroom.
U2 - The Joshua Tree
Grateful Dead - American Beauty
Springsteen - Born in the U.S.A.

You can find album cover frames online without a problem. eBay might have some listings, even. I've also seen them for sale in Restoration Hardware, but they might be overpriced.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
That is a neat idea. I'd love to have Roger Dean's artwork all over my office walls.

NP: Miles Davis, Live at Fillmore East: It's About That Time, disc 2

Frank_S

Supporting Actor
I have Joe Satriana-Surfing with the Alien framed as well as Sargeant Peppers. The other day I was at a store looking through bins full of LP's and noticed a female rumaging as well. I asked her what she was looking for and she replied, I'm just looking for certain albums to hang on my walls at home. Apparantly her whole house is wallpapered with old LP's. :)
That's the beauty of LP's, you can enjoy the artwork a lot more in its 12" package. The small CD package never did it for me, tiny lettering, etc.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I have some of these frames from Restoration Hardware:
Link Removed
I have two in my home theater room with two of my favorite movies on LaserDisc, and in my office with two LP records. Funny enough I have John Coltrane's "Blue Train" in one of mine, as pictured in the RH web site!

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor
My office at work currently has about 20-25 album covers on the walls (not framed though - just tacked on). I'm not worried about the condition of the covers since they are duplicates to albums I have at home. Mostly 70's type stuff that I just thought looked cool (Yes - Close To The Edge gatefold; Rush - Moving Pictures; Steely Dan - Aja; Blue Oyster Cult - Cultosaurus Erectus; Graham Parker - The Up Escalator; T. Rex - Electric Warrior; etc.).
If only I could find vinyl copies of Miles Davis' Agharta and Husker Du's Warehouse: Songs And Stories. Those two are just beautiful...
I also have seen and quite like those Restoration Hardware frames. Haven't bought any yet, but may one day if I get around to hanging stuff downstairs.

mike_decock

Supporting Actor
I would really like to see someone do an LP Wall Art using all 36 album covers of "Synchronicity" by The Police. It would look like they were all the same at first glance and then draw the viewer in looking for differences.

-Mike...

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
When I got my Restoration Hardware record frames they were only something like $15. Maybe they were new? Now they're $30 which is too much IMO. But I do like them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks