What's new

Lowest rated TV Show You Want? (1 Viewer)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Guys. In the past we've discussed Holy Grails, but this time, I'd like to ask about Holy Grails that are pretty low in the popularity and recognizable arena. Years ago, I voted for Young Maverick on www.tvshowsondvd.com, and the vote count was pretty low about only the thirty or fourty or so. I think it ranked about 1000 or something. Other low voted shows were Spy Games from 1997, and Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future ranked on the bottom.

Another one was NBC's and Hanna Barbara's Space Stars from the early 80's. Again . . . only about twenty to thirty votes.

What shows have you voted for . . . that no one else has heard of or few have voted for?

James

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
James, it would appear that you and I have a bit in common. I was definately one of those that voted, not only for YOUNG MAVERICK but BRET MAVERICK as well. Hell, we can't even get MAVERICK out!!! Yet still I wait on all three....

Besides that:

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE - the revival series from the 80s.

SANFORD and GRADY - Sanford and Son spinoffs

GET A LIFE - Chris Elliot's FOX sitcom from the early days of the Fox network

704 HAUSER STREET - another family living in Archie Bunker's house

HUMAN TARGET - series starring Rick Springfield that aired on ABC

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
Encore! Encore! (1998) - short lived series from writers and producers of Frasier starring Nathan Lane, Joan Plowright, Glenne Headly, Ernie Sabella

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
Norman Lear's THE POWERS THAT BE, with John Forsythe and David Hyde Pierce. It didn't
last long, but to paraphrase Spencer Tracy "What there was, was cherce!"

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
Here's my list of pretty obscure shows that I've voted on & their current rankings for requested unrelased shows on tvshowsondvd.com:

Me & Maxx (1980) 5,246th

Hard Time On Planet Earth (1989) 1,517th
Jennifer Slept Here (1983) 1,398th

The Powers of Matthew Star (1982) 650th
The Phoenix (1982) 495th

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
My World and Welcome To It
The Paul Lynde Show

The Smith Family

LCD22

Screenwriter
These two were popular in their day, but currently have very low rankings:

Beyond 2000

The Next Step

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
"A Peaceable Kingdom" / Lindsay Wagner (1989) There were 12 episodes produced but I think the show got pulled after only 6 eps aired.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Jack Webb's Sierra series from the 1970's. Featured several forest rangers in a national park and had similar qualities as acclaimed series like Emergency! and Adam-12.

Sadly, The Waltons was already established in the same timeslot on a rival network, also featuring a rural mountain setting. So the series didn't get many viewers and died quickly, although it's no reflection on it's quality.

Daktari is another that has been largely forgotten about that I'd love to see, though it lasted for several seasons at least, so it must've recieved decent ratings. But it's barely remembered now.

JanuaryMan

Agent
Real Name
Robert
We've Got Each Other (1977)
The Tony Randall Show (1976-78)
San Pedro Beach Bums (1977)
Angie (1979-80)
United States (1980)
The Associates (1979-80)
One in a Million (1980)
Goodtime Girls (1980)
Domestic Life (1984)
It's Your Move (1984-85)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Bless you January Man, someone else remembers Domestic Life. A long forgotten short lived Martin Mull comedy. Loved it. Nobody else did.

Thanks.

James

FrankNolan

Agent
Real Name
Shawn
Originally Posted by JamesSmith

Bless you January Man, someone else remembers Domestic Life. A long forgotten short lived Martin Mull comedy. Loved it. Nobody else did.

Thanks.

James
Didn't Steve Martin produce that? I also remember it, though not well.

Frinkazoid

Auditioning
Real Name
Frink
Aside from the three unreleased seasons of VIP, I'd love to see UPN's Live Shot and CTV's E.N.G. (both followed the lives of a group of newscasters), One West Waikiki (with Cheryl Ladd, Richard Burgi and Paul Gleason) and the short-lived comedy Good Sports, starring Farrah Fawcett and Ryan O'Neal (as sportscasters).

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
DOMESTIC LIFE!! Totally forgot about that. I clearly remember a scene where they are at dinner. Food served was something like turkey, mashed potatoes , dinner roles, some other white hued food and Martin's character making a crack about dinner looking like a salute to Casper the Ghost!! Count me among those that loved this short show.

Add these as well. The names escape me but Bonnie Hunt had two sitcoms (both airing on CBS, I believe) that were great fun. Both ended quickly. I would pick these up in a heart beat.

Also the first season of her ABC sitcom, Life With Bonnie was very strong, featuring one of my all time favorite Christmas episodes of a sitcom, her kids doing a Christmas play on her local talk show. FUNNY!!

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
A pair of great-review, low-rating series:

Slattery's People (Richard Crenna as a state legislator)
The Great Adventure (a well-done American history series)

And one the critics didn't like either, though I did:

The New Perry Mason (Monte Markham as a slimmed-down Perry)

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Originally Posted by Joseph J.D Only recently was I able to see the unaired episode (Which featured the Conclusions of "The Secret Empire" and "Stop Susan Williams" ("The Curse of Dracula" was concluded on the previous episode). If this series came out on DVD I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Rick Thompson

A pair of great-review, low-rating series:

Slattery's People (Richard Crenna as a state legislator)
The Great Adventure (a well-done American history series)

And one the critics didn't like either, though I did:

The New Perry Mason (Monte Markham as a slimmed-down Perry)
The first two are great choices but highly unlikely. Intelligent one-hour black and white dramas are probably last on the list as far as potential releases go. It's too bad. I would buy them, you would and maybe 5 other people would. A dopey, color sitcom from the 80s or 90s would sell a thousand times better unfortunately. As for NPM, I'm not really a fan of any of the Perry Masons but I'll have to pull some of those NPMs out and watch them one day.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks