What's new

Lowend Upconversion Receiver ???? (1 Viewer)

ScottProulx

Auditioning
Hi. Just Purchased an Infocus 1405 and video is Awesome.
not quite on par with the best plasmas, but as good Mitsu 65" Diamond Series rear Proj. but I get 90+".
question is I have to now get a lowend receiver.
I would like to keep only one cable going to the Infocus
Component... and also the Computer cable.
I have DVD, with Composite only
X-box With Monster Composite and S-video
VCR with Composite, although I can do without this.
Sound from PC is Composite.
I have a TV Tuner card in PC to watch on Projector
may get future DishNetwork...
I purchased the Yamaha 5740 at BB lastnight,(Pre research) and quickly found out it's limitations....
It's going back today.
I'm now looking at the Pioneer 1014, looks great for the money, and what I need it to do at the present time. I could, but really don't wish to spend the money for Yamaha 5790, or Onkyo 801. My dream now after research would be Onkyo 901, but again This really is out of my range at the current time...
Also, I need a decent lowend floor sub to get me by for a yr or 2. Looking at the Yamaha 8" at BB for 149.00
Also, any Cables I should get.

Help Please!

ScottProulx

Auditioning
Oh yea, I'm also not afraid to order online from a reputable dealer. I know I could save from $200 to $400 depending upon my purchase..

James Phung

Second Unit
The 1014 should work great and I think its better most of those receivers you listed. I got mine from Onecall.com (authorized dealer) for $450 shipped. The Dayton 10" sub has been mentioned several times as a great low end sub. You can get it here for $100.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshow...300-632&ctab=6

You should get a dvd player that has component output. Get the HD pack for xbox so you can use component output also (games will look much much better).

Yohan Pamudji

Supporting Actor
I imagine that having just bought a projector, you want the best image quality. Don't get the 1014 expecting good upconversion, because it sucks. It's a great receiver in just about every other aspect, but not upconversion. Then again if convenience is your main concern, the 1014 will do the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks