What's new

Low Power vs. High Power on InFocus 4805 (1 Viewer)

SteveCoug

Agent
I've been running my 4805 strictly on "Low Power" to minimize fan noise and preserve bulb life.

I just saw some specs on a website that said the expected bulb life is the same for High Power and Low Power on the 4805. I can't believe that's correct. But if it is, it makes me think I should switch to High Power.

My question to other 4805 users is does High Power give you a better, sharper picture, or just brighter picture?

Are rainbows (yes, I see them) more or less apparent at high power vs. low power?

I'd like to hear what other 4805 users have to say about about this.

Thanks,

Steve

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member

The latter, although the increase in brightness seems slight compared to the rather noticeable increase in noise.
Can't see using high power at all, except for daytime sports viewing, low-power looks better in a dark room.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I made another thread on this but either low or high power the fan noise is too darn loud. Projector is on the ceiling too.

I'd like to open it up and replace the stock fan with a quiet Papst brand with the same cfm.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks