Low end JVC to high end JVC or another brand

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Dean-P, Aug 19, 2003.

1. Dean-P

Dean-P Stunt Coordinator

I want to upgrade my reciever but am a little leary as to what to buy.
    Should I upgrade my JVC 6020 to the JVC 8030, or go to another brand all together?
    I like the sub crossover features of current reciever, so I would like to retain that feature...
    Here are the other brands I am considering, all are within my budget:
    Kenwood 7060
    Yamaha 5660
    Denon 1603
    H/K 125 (don't think it has a sub x-over:could not find it anyways on spec sheet but I like the reviews H/K get)

2. ChrisLazarko

ChrisLazarko Supporting Actor

Well I listened to alot of brands before I finally decided to get my HK 225. It has a more neutral sound and also uses a high current amp. As for the crossover i'm not sure...

3. BrianWoerndle

BrianWoerndle Supporting Actor

All receivers have a sub crossover. Some have more options than others, but all receivers have something.

I had a JVC 60 something, and I upgraded to a Denon 3803. The Denon is much more detailed and smooth. I don't think you would gain anything with JVC unless you move up to the THX certified receivers, which are out of your price range. At the lower prices Denon, H/K, and Marantz just have better amps.

4. David Krieg

David Krieg Auditioning

I have the JVC RX-7030 couldn't be happier. I don't think there's anything that can touch the RX-7030 or RX-8030VBK in that price range. Both recievers are high currant, and have discrete amplifiers for each channel. I compared SONY, ONKYO, PIONEER, YAMAHA, and none of them could match-up to the features or proformance of the JVC in that price range[​IMG]

5. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

While that is true, not all receivers offer you the ability to adjust the crossover point for the sub.

In regards to JVC, I've had a good experience with an 8000VBK a few years back. I'd probably still own it if it had Pro Logic II - but, it didn't.

6. Dean-P

Dean-P Stunt Coordinator

Does anybody own the JVC 8020 or the 8030 that can give shopping comparisons? Maybe the 8030 is what I need in regards to power and features.

7. CurtisC

CurtisC Second Unit

Please,for goodness sake audition a good unit,I owned a 1k jvc,very disapointing(sound wise).That was the end of a 15 year jvc love affair.Everything I had was jvc(up to mid 90's)when I thought I would try something different.I started with Kenwood then Pioneer then Onkyo then HK then gave up on CC and BB and went to a real audio store.When I heard the Denon 3802 my search was over.The point is try em'all in your price range (I auditioned at home)you never know what you are missing till you do.

8. David Krieg

David Krieg Auditioning

I did some homework before getting the RX-7030 there are only a few differences from the RX-8030 maybe I can help answer your questions.