What's new

Loving C.S.I. Am I the only one? (1 Viewer)

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
I have been consistently impressed with this show over it's current run. Despite the misgivings about Bruckheimer being involved in the show (I can like his effect on a movie, but was concerned that it would drag a series down), I think it has kept an engaging visual style and some well written scripts. I've always been a fan of forensic science, so this one is a real treat. They fudge a few things here and there, but are right on track most of the time.
The ensemble cast is also worth noting. Everyone from established people like Marg Helgenberger and Will Petersen to (relative) newcomers like Jorja Fox, George Eads, and Gary Dourdan have kept the series moving with some enjoyable dialogue and performances.
But the point of this thread is to ask if I'm the only fan among the HTF of this show. I never hear about it, and when I do, it's usually a dig on the show. Is this the situation where one fan just doesn't get how bad their favorite show is?
If it's the latter, be kind :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I watch this show on a regular basis.

Usually CSI is a good show on its first run, but I rarely find it engaging enough to watch a re-run of it because it's like watching a magic trick being performed, but already knowing how the trick was done. The characterizations are pretty dry on the show, but the cases are interesting enough on a first run basis, though sometimes they try awfully hard to throw red herrings at us for 50 minutes before wrapping things up. If the characterizations were more interesting than the cases, it would be a great show, but that would be almost impossible to achieve given the Quincy-nature of the show.

I will note that it's strange that they spent a lot of time on the build-up of the characters last season, but this season, you could almost put any of the CSI's into an episode with little change in the dynamic or outcome of the investigation of the cases.

TimDoss

Second Unit
I am a fan of the show too. The only thing that I don't

like, although I understand the need for it, is when they constantly state the obvious with such revelation...

"look at how deep these footprints are compared to mine... [look of revelation]he was carrying something."

Brett_A

Stunt Coordinator
After Profiler was canceled I am loving this show. I am still bitter about NBC killing their Sat night tv when they cancelled Pretender and Profiler. Those were both great shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks