Lovin' that "Ignore List"

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DennisHP, Nov 23, 2001.

1. DennisHP

DennisHP Second Unit

I've added a few HTF'ers (hey! that acronym seems apropriate!) to my ignore list. Has anyone else used it yet? Now, if only you could eliminate their name from your screen.....

2. Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Bjorn Olav Nyberg Supporting Actor

I've been curious to how it works, but I don't really have anyone I want to ignore. I've been curious to how it works though, but haven't been curious enough I guess. Also, my keyboard comes with a page down key which can be really helpful when I don't want to read an entire post...
    A question from the low self esteem department [​IMG] : Is it possible to find out if you have been put on a ignore list?

3. Jeff_A

Jeff_A Screenwriter

Personally, I will never use it. There is something to be learned from everyone here. Probably even more so with the members that seem to get under my skin.
    It would be like only listening to those that agree with everything you say. How boring and close-minded that would be. Just my worthless opinion. [​IMG]

4. Micheal

Micheal Screenwriter

"Note to self,.... add Jeff to my ignore list." [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Just kidding!! [​IMG]
    What Jeff said makes a lot of sense! [​IMG]

5. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    Never will use it myself. I agree with Jeff's worthless opinion[​IMG]
    Peace Out~[​IMG]

6. NathanP

NathanP Supporting Actor

Oh God,
    Now I'm REALLY scared.

7. Rain

Rain Producer

I'm with Jeff, too. I'll never use it. Anyone who is so terrible that I wouldn't want to read their posts is likely to be removed from the Forum anyway.

8. Bill Catherall

Bill Catherall Screenwriter

Well I would reply but I don't know what you're talking about. What did Dennis say? Maybe I should take him off my ignore list. [​IMG]
    Just kidding Dennis. [​IMG] I, like Jeff and the others, won't be using the ignore feature. But I have been adding "buddies."

9. Drew Bethel

Drew Bethel Screenwriter

Maybe I'll block the sigs though...I'm tired of looking up in Rain's nostrils [​IMG]

10. DennisHP

DennisHP Second Unit

Yes but now I don't need to remember to ignore them; it's done automatically so I can ignore my own ingnorance. [​IMG]
    I've only used it to ignore a couple people I've had less than satisfactory trade deals with and who never post anywhere else anyway.

11. Rain

Rain Producer

12. Steve Christou

Steve Christou Long Member

Steve Christou
    I'm waiting for the deluxe version of the 'Ignore' feature with better filtering functions, like 'ignore Buffy fanatics', 'ignore Rini Bell crazies', 'ignore top 25 posters', 'ignore newbies', 'ignore sarcastic members (erm)', 'ignore smiley abusers'[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] , 'ignore moderators (wahay!),'ignore Mena Suvari's forehead fanboys', 'ignore male members', 'ignore US members', 'ignore everyone (I vant to be alone!)', 'ignore any name with Steve in it', 'ignore members with flashy sigs', 'ignore HTF go to GO', 'ignore HTF this way to Jenna Jameson official fanclub', 'ignore rambling posts', 'ignore smartasses'.....

13. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

And of course moderators can check to see who's the most ignored member on the HTF... Could it be you?
    [​IMG]
    Vince

14. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

I think the mods do a good job of separating trolls from members who really do have unpopular opinions. If I know I don't like a particular poster, I often just skim or skip their post on the page. But just in case it's referenced later on in a different post, I'd like to be able to read it.
    However a top 25 most blocked HTF poster would be interesting, though. [​IMG]

15. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

I'm waiting for the thread "List those you've put on ignore...". I'm sure it won't be long.

As for the feature, I can't think of a reason to use it. What a coincidence that the people who shake my tree are also the ones who make me rethink my stances at times. Why would I want to ignore that?

Bruce

16. Brad_W

Brad_W Screenwriter

I put myself on ignore. That way I can ignore my annoying posts as if they never happened.

17. Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin Screenwriter

I agree, I will not use this feature, I don't want to miss anyones post EVER, even if it includes cussing at me.

I knew Rains nostrils were looking into me, theres a certain mystique about them! And I'm not sure it would be right without them.

18. Brad_W

Brad_W Screenwriter

[homer simpson's "I'm about to eat a donut" voice] Rain's nostrils... mmmmmm.[/homer simpson's "I'm about to eat a donut" voice]

19. Tom-G

Tom-G Screenwriter

Tom G
    This is a very useful feature, indeed. I like reading posts from 99% of the people, but there are a few people that really get under my skin. I do have a few people on the "shit list."

The cool thing is, if you are really curious as to what the person posted you can click on a link to read the post even though he/she is on the list.

20. McPaul

McPaul Screenwriter

Paul M
    I'll never use the ignore feature for the same reasons Jeff pointed out.

I will use the ignore signature button as that is most likely useless info posted each time

(remember when HTF'ers used to list everything in their equipment list on each and every line of their signature?)

In addition, I have dropped my signature from my profile. I just see no reason for them, it saves space on each page, and we know who you are. It says, right over there!!