What's new

Love, Victor (Hulu) (1 Viewer)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Love, Victor is the sequel to the movie Love, Simon, taking place at the same high school with a new cast of characters but with connection to some of the film's original cast. Victor and his family movie to Atlanta from Texas for his father's new job, taking Victor and Pilar (his sister) from their friends and transplanting them in a new high school (Creekwood, the high school from the film). Victor is struggling with his sexuality which is made even more difficult being Latino and having a somewhat strict Catholic family. The show steals clear from just rehashing the original movie, but ends up padding it with storylines that aren't as good or interesting as Victor's coming out. Given that I still have one episode left to watch, I won't make a final opinion until I've watched it....
MV5BNDk1YmM4ODItMDBkNC00NjdiLWI3ZTQtNDNkNDQ2MGIzYTE1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_.jpg

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully this will get a second season. The last episode is really good (mostly) and parts of it rival the last scenes in Love, Simon. I was ALMOST convinced that they would "cop out" but the last episode and they leave a LOT to be followed up on. I'd give it a 3.5/5 for the series.

KeithDA

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Keith
It’s been made available (for free!) on our BBC IPlayer service! With the short episode lengths, I’m racing through them and am well on with series 2. It’s a very soapy, guilty pleasure and I like the ensemble characters probably more than Victor…! And sorry, teenage boys should be more into sex than this .,.. 😉

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks