Love the new Monica Seles commercial.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Leo Hinze, Sep 8, 2002.

1. Leo Hinze

Leo Hinze Stunt Coordinator

I love celebrities who aren't too serious, and can poke a little fun at themselves. For example, the Kevin Bacon commercial that aired during the Super Bowl where he used the Six Degrees as ID for writing a check.

I just saw a new (?) Monica Seles commercial for Amex where she in the grocery store, and she grunts everytime she gets something off a shelf. Classic.

2. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

Haven't seen it but it sounds funny.

Bruce

3. John Chow

John Chow Second Unit

Yeah, and I think the cashier grunted when swiping her card [​IMG] I was quite amused.

4. RobertW

RobertW Supporting Actor

there's also one where jennifer capriati is shopping for produce, and keeps throwing the oranges back to the clerk until she gets ones she likes. then she walks away, tucking them up under her skirt like tennis balls.

5. Dave Falasco

Dave Falasco Screenwriter

Another Amex commercial shows Andy Roddick selecting a towel in a department store by picking one off the shelf and then sitting down in a chair, removing his hat, and draping the towel over his head, to the bemused stares of the cashier and the other shoppers. All three Amex commercials got a chuckle out of me. [​IMG]

6. MickeS

MickeS Producer

They're good commercials, especially the towel one.

/Mike

7. Mitty

Mitty Supporting Actor

Amex has been doing pretty funny commercials for a while now. The Jerry Seinfeld one where he's getting gas, and it rolls over to 20.01 for example.

Mastercard could take a lesson from them and stop bombarding us with those tedious, maudlin "priceless" commercials.

RE: Monica Seles, she may have been the first woman to loudly "grunt" when playing tennis, making it her trademark of sorts, but watching Venus & Serena play on Saturday, I realized she's certainly not the last. Those two are far louder than Seles.

8. DaveMcS

DaveMcS Second Unit

Southwest Airlines has an amusing ad that played during the Patriots game last night. A cashier in a market opens his line, flips on his light and announces.."I'm open over here"

Guy in the freezer section hefts a pineapple and drops the cashier with a perfect spiral throw..right to the chest..

HAHA