What's new

Love my New GE's (1 Viewer)

donald Harvey

Auditioning
Real Name
Don
I have to shout out and share my excitement because I have no friends that are into Home Theater and unfortunately could care less about sound and music. I know you all can relate! After 30 years with Magnepans I figured it was time for a change so I purchased a pair of Goldenear Triton1's and the XXL center. WOW!! I was blown away watching movies. the bass was so impactful that my wife thought I put vibrating sensors under the couch. Also she watched at higher than her normal level and no complaining it was too loud. and she loves the size WAF,, as compared to the 1.7i maggies.
In 2 channel and sacd's these guys sound superb. not necessarily better than my maggies but a totally different sound at achieving music nirvana! it's been none stop listening to music and movies every night. Movies we've seen before but sound so new on this system. thanks for listening. !!

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Don, congratulations on the new purchase. It's always fun to upgrade your setup. Few things in my life have made me as happy as upgrading my home theater.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Never experienced these, but have heard that they’re quite extraordinary.

Are you running solid state or tube?

donald Harvey

Auditioning
Real Name
Don
@Robert Harris

Running solid state Bryston 6bbst, Oppo 205 and Marantz 8802A. they all seem to mate together just fine. I tried a 50 watt Monoprice tube amp and it was just ok sounding , but that a cheap tube amp. had plenty of power at 50 w. the GE are 92 efficiency , so even a 25 watt tube amp could handle these puppies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks