Love and Monsters (2020)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Title: Love and Monsters (2020)

Genre: Comedy, Science Fiction, Action, Adventure

Director: Michael Matthews

Cast: Dylan O'Brien, Jessica Henwick, Michael Rooker, Dan Ewing, Ariana Greenblatt, Ellen Hollman, Tre Hale, Pacharo Mzembe, Senie Priti, Amali Golden, Te Kohe Tuhaka, Tasneem Roc, Thomas Campbell, Joel Pierce, Melanie Zanetti, Bruce Spence, Hazel Phillips, Miriama Smith, Andrew Buchanan, Tandi Wright, Damien Garvey, Julia Johnson, Ariu Lang Sio, Donnie Baxter, Helen Howard, Larry Cedar, Tonia Renee, Keiichi Enomoto

Release: 2020-10-16

Runtime: 109

Plot: Seven years after the Monsterpocalypse, Joel Dawson, along with the rest of humanity, has been living underground ever since giant creatures took control of the land. After reconnecting over radio with his high school girlfriend Aimee, who is now 80 miles away at a coastal colony, Joel begins to fall for her again. As Joel realizes that there’s nothing left for him underground, he decides against all logic to venture out to Aimee, despite all the dangerous monsters that stand in his way.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Finally caught up with this last night and had a great time. This was one of my anticipated films last year that I was looking forward to seeing in theaters before everything went to hell. Interesting premise for a post-apocalyptic road trip movie with some interesting monsters. Dylan O'Brien is always fun to watch (The Maze Runner, American Assassin, Teen Wolf) and doesn't disappoint here with a great cast including Michael Rooker, Jessica Henwick, and a fun canine companion, Boy. The scene that introduces Boy is hilarious.

Glad to see that O'Brien has seemed to fully recover from his accident on the set of Maze Runner: The Death Cure a few years back.

Despite the title that includes "monsters," this is really more of a comedy than anything resembling a horror film.

Last edited:

farnsbarns

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Patten
Thanks! Always looking for good recommendations. The clip is funny.
I think I keep up pretty well with new home video releases but have not heard of this one. I wouldn't recognize her name but it has the little girl from Disney's Stuck In The Middle. Too bad it's not that show's star, Jenna Ortega - she's growing up rather nicely.
Just to over-simplify I'll say, I now have this in my not-too-distant queue.
Also thanks for no spoilers. : )

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
When I was originally following it last year as it was in production, it was called Monster Problems. The title change caught me by surprise.

farnsbarns

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Patten
Recently checked out the DVD. I saw the first half hour and found it very enjoyable.
Like you said, it's not super scary, but it's a fun movie.
And I liked the illustrations - very cool!

Still waiting on the Blu Ray to watch all. Look forward to seeing it in HD and it's entirety.

Last edited:
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks