What's new

Louis L’Amour’s Five Mile Creek Comes to DVD (1 Viewer)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Thought everyone might want to know about the latest announcement that the Australian drama, Five Mile Creek, is finally coming to DVD. Hope you guys enjoy this information from the Ultimate Disney website:

Studio: Buena Vista Home Entertainment

Story:
For the first time on DVD, fans can collect the entire first season of Disney’s FIVE MILE CREEK. Adapted from famed Western writer Louis L’Amour’s novel, this television series tells the exciting story of settlers who attempt to tame the Australian wilderness and get a stagecoach line working. This family-friendly Disney series was filmed on location in Australia. FIVE MILE CREEK is available in a four-disc DVD set.

Cast:
Louise Caire Clark, Rod Mullinar, Liz Burch, Michael Caton, Priscilla Weems, Martin Lewis, Gus Mercurio, Jay Kerr.

STREET DATE: November 8, 2005
Direct prebook: September 13
Distributor prebook: September 27
Suggested retail price: $39.99 (4-disc DVD)
Rated: Not rated.
DVD aspect ratio: 1.33:1 formatted 4x3
DVD Sound: Dolby® Digital 2.0 Stereo Sound
DVD Language: English audio. French audio.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I didn't realize this was based on a Louis L'Amour novel.

Is this the one with Nicole Kidman? Was she not in the first season?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
It WAS based on an LL novel, but there was no LL novel called "5 Mile Creek". Rather, it was "The Cherokee Trail". And yeah, Nicole was in it. I describe it all here.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

Thanks.

I'm surprised she isn't mentioned in the press release, as she was on the cover of one of the VHS volumes (before she was all that popular too). She was only in a few episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks