What's new

Loui Anderson, True Hollywood Story... (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
They had a bit on that's airing right now, about the History of Familyl Fued.

Loui seems to have gotten an attitude ever since he was fired. The show has been on for 20 years(?) with various hosts. Now he's out, and Richard Karn is in. His prediction? "Fued won't last more than a year".

Personally, Whenever I'm over someones house with Gameshow Network, I'll always tune in to the old eps of Fued. But I can't STAND the Loui version. Sure, he seems like a nice enough guy, but that VOICE of his just gets on my nerves.

I like Karn. Personally, I think the show will do just fine.

Mitty

Supporting Actor
I had to do a google search to figure out who Richard Karn was. :)
I loved Family Feud as a kid, but I somewhat lost interest after Richard "Lips" Dawson left. I would watch sometimes with Ray Combs, but it wasn't the same. Louie is unbearable to me. I still sometimes watch the old re-runs when I come across them on the Game Show channel. Probably my all time favourite game show (not that that's saying all that much), with Jeopardy a close second.
On a related note, I only recently realized that Ray Combs killed himself only a couple of years after being fired from the show. It was on one of those ET weekend "where are they now?" specials.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Oh, I misread the thread title, I thought this was going to be about Loni Anderson. Doh!

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Richard Karn is best known as Al on Home Improvement. I'd forgotten his name and had to look it up on IMDB. :)
I grew up watching Ray Combs host it, and it was one of my favorite game shows. Louie Anderson was just awful as the host; I'm glad he was fired.
~T

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
Richard Dawson is by far the most entertaining, because he's such a dirt-bag, and always seems pretty stupid... Hey, it's entertainment! :)

Thik Nongyow

Stunt Coordinator
I like to mention that while Richard Dawson is the favorite host of Family Feud, the show was canceled in 1985 because of low ratings. He returned to the revamped show in 1994 after the late Ray Combs was fired, but he no longer had the charm of his former self (according to the E! True Hollywood Story, Dawson was over-weight and did not work in nearly ten years), and as a result the new Family Feud was canceled.

Combs committed suicide in 1996 after years of enduring pain as a result of an automobile accident two years back. He was fired from Family Feud because of creative differences and low ratings. As fans of the show know, the show has it ups and downs and re-creates itself each time to meet the changing times.

One last thing, the name is Louie Anderson, not Loui Anderson.

Alex-C

Screenwriter
I can understand what the attraction is/was with Louie Louie. He seems totally aloof and disinterested when doing the Fued. Absolutely no energy at all. At least Dawson kept it interesting; you could almost see the ugly step-sister on the end of the bar shivering as he approached, wetting his lips.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
My main problem with the new Family Feud was not Louie, but the awful new music and the changes to the rules that were made.

Christopher P

Supporting Actor
I read that as Loni Anderson too. Thought there might be some pictures of her boobies. Oh well. Maybe we could get some pictures of Louie's boobies?
I am too young to have seen Dawson do the Feud, but I remember thinking that Ray did a great job on the show, even though it wasn't something I watched alot of. I've never seen it with Louie or Al Borland. Wonder what he looks like without flannel on.
:laugh: What that typed or cut-and-pasted?
Chris

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Back on topic (not that OT is bad) I remember something about Loui Anderson's family was complaining how he never shared any of his fortune with them and he barely kept in contact.

Did the show mention anything about this?

Tommy Ceez

Second Unit
Richard Dawson was the prototypical aging, late-70's, mysogonist, swinger who just happened to host a gameshow at 0730 weekdays!

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I love Family Feud, and can watch it whenever it's on. Ray Combs was great, as was...the older white haired guy. Though I can manage to watch Louie Anderson as the host, I always picture him from Life as Louie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks