Loud transport on Tosh SD-5700

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by AaronSchmidt, Mar 30, 2002.

1. AaronSchmidt

AaronSchmidt Auditioning

Hello all, this may be tale of hearbreak, so be forwarned!
    After buying the 5700 and hooking it up I was quite pleased as I was listening to some DVD-Audio as well as CDs. I decided to put on some quieter tunes and see how those sounded.
    While they did sound nice, I could barely concentrate on the music becasue of the racket coming from the unit. Soft passages of dialog in movies were hard to watch too. [​IMG]
    I would like to know if anyone else has a loud SD-5700. I don't seem to remember hearing my mate's unit make that much noise.
    I'm ready to return the unit and wait for the Denon 3800. $300 for a usable DVD player may be too good to be true.
    I'd be willing to make a quick tweak if any would help.
    Thanks for your time.

2. Gregg Hart

Gregg Hart Stunt Coordinator

I just bought the same unit 2 weeks ago and have not noticed any noise problems. I used to have a Pioneer DV-414 which I thought was quite loud. My unit is nice and quiet. Maybe you got a defect.

3. Jeff

Jeff Supporting Actor

This doesn't surprise me since the Toshiba SD-9200 has the same problem, which still hasn't been corrected.

Jeff

4. Captain Spaulding

Captain Spaulding Second Unit

Jay
    My experience with various Toshiba players over the years confirms that transports in many, if not all, of their

models are noisy.