What's new

Loud Pop (1 Viewer)

Ron Sc

Agent
I resently picked up a new system to replace my old junk.I'm running an Onkyo TX-SR601 with Polk RM6700 and a Polk PSW202.
I'm having a problem with the sub. I have a loud pop when things get exciting in a movie.The funny thing is that I noticed it's ONLY with Disney THX movies. It's easy to turn it down to get rid of the problem, But I don't want to.
Is this a problem that can be fixed or should I consider a sub upgrade.

Ron Sc

Agent
htf_images_smilies_chatter.gif
:D Please

Steve*W

Agent
Dont consider anything, just upgrade. I work at Futureshop, and we go through at LEAST one of those things a month, and thats trying to take it easy on it. 404 is prone to poping too, just takes a bit more, but nowhere near levels that should be making it pop. It's weird cause I know last year with the x50 series there were no problems at all.

Ron Sc

Agent
Thanks for your reply.I've been doing some reserch today and noticed most speakers don't list the Xmax. Do you think this is the problem.

If the 404 has the same problem. How does the PSW505 stand up.

Ernest Yee

Supporting Actor
STOP PICKING POLK FOR THEIR SUBS!!!!

:angry: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :angry:

At the PSW505's price point, you would already be reaching the SVS PC+ range!!!

:D You have got to trust me on this as I've own the Polk PSW 202 beast at my start, and the difference between that and the SVS is ASTOUNDING! :D

Ron Sc

Agent
Ok I'm listening Lets say $500.00 range. I would prefer to keep it lower but give me your opinions. I love the satelites not sold on the sub I got.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks