What's new

Loud Buzzing Sound from Infinity Subwoofer (BU-120) (1 Viewer)

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
In the middle of the night, my father in law's Infinity Subwoofer began buzzing very loudly, as if there was some unsheilded wires touching the input.

As I examined it today, I found no such interference. I removed the sub from its position, unplugged it from the Monster Power Surge protector, and brought it into another room. I plugged it in, and instantly heard the loud noise. (There was no input plugged into it, it was just plugged into the wall directly.)

I did not notice anything wrong with the power cable, and nothing wrong with the outside of the sub. Turning the volume knob up and down did nothing.

I am assuming that there is a malfuntion with the sub's amplifier or power supply.

Has anyone else ever had this problem? If so, how did you go about getting it fixed? I'm guessing we'll have to bring it to an authorized dealer and have it repaired. Heck, it might be just as cost effective to get a new one.

Thanks for anyone who can respond.

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
Certainly get a quote on the repair, but in my experience, the repair bill may not be worth it. If you know of an electronic hobbiest that loves to fix stuff like this, that's your best bet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks