What's new

Lou Reed Movie? (1 Viewer)

John*K

Stunt Coordinator
I've been thinking about a movie in the 80s, but can't remember the title. And was hoping that it might be on DVD.

The movie was about some kind of highschool that wanted to get Lou Reed to play. They actually get him, but something happens such that the cab just keeps circling around someplace. And Lou continues to write song after song in the cab, oblivious to the endless cab ride. At the end of the movie, he eventually arrives, and sings a song to the girl. Very nice scene.

Anyone have a clue about this one? I wish I could remember more. I mainly liked the bits with Lou.

Bryant Frazer

Stunt Coordinator
This would be Get Crazy (1983). It's not a high-school concert, but rather a fictional supershow staged at a venue modeled on the Fillmore East. Lou Reed is actually doing a crazy-ass Bob Dylan impersonation in the back of the cab. Very funny. The song he performs later is called "Little Sister," and it's a gem.

Of course it's not on DVD!

-bf-

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
It's a pretty weird movie-- Allan Arkush ("Rock & Roll High School") directed it and Malcolm McDowell plays a flamboyant Mick Jagger type. I found the soundtrack on vinyl for a buck a couple of years ago. "Little Sister" is great, but the rest of it is pretty rough-going.

I think this was an Embassy release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks