What's new

Lou for You (Lou Lumenick's NY Post columns on DVDs) (1 Viewer)

Justin Ray

Second Unit
Real Name
Justin Ray
Lou Lumenick said:
Justin, Say One for Me wasn't in the FCA press release. Thanks A Million was. Sometimes they announce stuff and pull it back. This happened to Deadline USA.
As always, thanks for the clarification and update, Lou!! :)

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
The latest from Lou: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/movies/dvd_extra_the_philo_vance_murder_ypM2FiBeuid80KZRJuowSP#axzz2LvdY0Eh3

Lou Lumenick

Insider
Real Name
Lou Lumenick
Clifton Webb's Fabulous '50s at the Fox Cinema Archives http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/movies/dvd_extra_clifton_webb_fabulous_249kDvHW6FG7tvNoVls7HI#axzz2NNTlC3ZV

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Maybe a Blu set with three of Clifton Webb's biggest hits: Sitting Pretty, Cheaper by the Dozen, and Three Coins in the Fountain.

Lromero1396

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Leon Romero
MattH. said:
Maybe a Blu set with three of Clifton Webb's biggest hits: Sitting Pretty, Cheaper by the Dozen, and Three Coins in the Fountain.
I'll second that. But add in Woman's World; a star-studded CinemaScope spectacular that needs to be saved from going to the hell of FCA's P&S MOD discs. The Man Who Never Was and The Razor's Edge would be quite welcome as well.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
I also noticed the significant upswing of Clifton Webb material both on blu-ray and MOD (yet no Sitting Pretty. WHY?). The MODs also are some of the better looking releases they've had for the most part. I hope to see more.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
SITTING PRETTY and THE REMARKABLE MR. PENNYPACKER have been dumped into the Fox Cinema Archives, due Apr. 25.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member

ABaglivi

Second Unit
Real Name
Anthony
Hawaii? MOD? At the bottom of a double bill? Someone must have it in for Julie Andrews.
Victor/Victoria also went MOD.

ajabrams

Second Unit
Real Name
Alan Abrams
Despite the fact that they both feature Max Von Sydow, HAWAII and NEEDFUL THINGS make a rather strange double bill!!

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Can anyone confirm if that release of Hawaii is different than the old MGM release? The description starts with "This restored film version..." which makes me wonder if it is uncut or at least more uncut that the previous DVD.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
There's a thread about the TGG HAWAII. And I picked up their ONE EYED JACKS. Both are crap.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yes, this is a link we definitely need to bookmark if we want to keep up with Lou's views on archive releases.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks