What's new

Lou for You (Lou Lumenick's NY Post columns on DVDs) (1 Viewer)

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Its app was poor, and I'm glad it's changed. I trust the rest is a work in progress. You can follow him on Twitter and Facebook, where he's been reporting from Toronto.

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
Bob Cashill said:
Latest, hard to find column. Archivally the site is a mess and its "improved" app is anything but. Sigh.
I most certainly agree.
If it wasn't for Lou Lumenick, then I would remove the site from my favourites instantly.

What a complete stuff-up.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Bob Cashill said:
Latest, hard to find column. Archivally the site is a mess and its "improved" app is anything but. Sigh. Still: On Rossellini/Bergman (Criterion), William Powell Collection (Warner Archive), more: http://nypost.com/2013/09/24/stromboli-william-powell-and-john-ford/
Thanks so much for the link, Bob. Even with his sometimes faulty research (one of Bergman's subsequent Oscars after her split from Rossellini was for leading actress in Anastasia, not supporting, and she won an Emmy for The Turn of the Screw decades before the posthumous one for A Woman Called Golda, Drums Along the Mohawk was NOT nominated for a cinematography Oscar, Bing Crosby was Oscar-nominated for The Bells of St. Mary's, too), I always enjoy his overviews of recent releases.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Subtitle for that article should be "In the States", as quite a few of the titles mentioned can be easily found in UK, Australia, etc.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
classicmovieguy said:
Subtitle for that article should be "In the States", as quite a few of the titles mentioned can be easily found in UK, Australia, etc.
If you read the article he mentions several titles are available as imports.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Bob Cashill said:
"64 Movies You Can't Find on DVD." He's working on a followup: http://nypost.com/2014/06/18/64-clips-of-movies-you-cant-find-on-dvd/
The big "news" from this article is that he says that Fox is working to clear the rights issues associated with Shirley Temple's Poor Little Rich Girl. I really hope so. If Lou reads this thread, a great addition for a future list would be The Suspect, with Charles Laughton. I haven't seen it for years, and it would really mesh well with the kinds of hard to find films Universal has been sending to Criterion.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
The Suspect was recently released on DVD in Germany, so the title is in play somewhere.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
The only thing I don't like about Lou is when he writes about unavailable-rare films, links the YouTube videos,which brings attentions to them, where half the time they are pulled shortly thereafter.

Lou - please keep our "underground movie-viewing secret" a secret,ok? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks