Lotsa Luck

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Michael Alden, Nov 22, 2005.

1. Michael Alden

Michael Alden Supporting Actor

One week away from this release. This would be a great choice for people who are looking for vintage 70s show that hasn't been rerun to death and where they haven't seen each episode a hundred times. This one season show ran in 1972-73 and hasn't been aired anywhere since. While every raves about Zone, Star Trek, Brady Bunch, etc., and while it's nice to get these things complete (some of the time anyway), the real promise of DVD is to see releases of shows that never made it to syndication and that have been buried away from decades. To me, this is what DVD should be about, releasing shows that are not marketable enough for a mass entity like TV Land but can find an audience in the home market. These are the types of shows we need to see more of. Unfortunately, anything in the hands of the majors is going to stay locked away for the foreseable future and it's only the shows that are in independent hands that have a chance at seeing the light of day.

2. Bob Hug

Bob Hug Screenwriter

I'd pretty much have to agree with you on this. S'more Entertainment is releasing this and I picked up "Mister Peepers" from them. Pretty well done for a series that is over 50 years old and was recorded on kinescopes. From what I understand, there are several Dom Deluise interviews on the "Lotsa Luck" set but, strangely, no episode commentaries. I'm looking forward to this and "Good Morning World," which S'more is releasing in January. Thank goodness that the independents are around to release these long unseen series, otherwise they would still be sitting dormant in the film vaults.

3. Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley Producer

Um...okay.
    Nice press releases. But seriously, Dom DeLuise rocks and from what I understand, the show was well-considered by his peers back in the day. And yes, it's a shame it hasn't been seen in all these years. But to Michael's comments, I'd have to say that if the indies are interested in putting out vintage and/or forgotten shows, I could give them a list of the best of obscure tv shows for them to get their hands on and re-release...there's tons of stuff that deserves to be seen again.

4. Joe Karlosi

Joe Karlosi Producer

Wow. I recall this show from my childhood and can't believe it's being released. That's a great thing, but it also makes me wonder why more common shows are still missing (like THE ODD COUPLE, which I believe may come out next year)...

5. Michael Alden

I could make a list myself but the key is ownership. If it's Paramount, Sony, Warner, Fox or Universal, forget it. They aren't making deals and they have plenty of very popular shows they haven't touched yet. The only way you are going to see an obscure show at this time if it's owned by an estate or an independent producer as Lotsa Luck and Good Morning World are.

6. Gregory V

Gregory V Stunt Coordinator

I got both Lotsa Luck and Good Morning World. I have enjoyed both very much. Maybe there is hope for other short run series....Pistols n Petticoats, The Mothers in Law, He & She, The Governor and JJ, Glynis, Mona McCluskey just to name a few.

7. Michael Alden

One of those 6 titles that you mentioned is being negotiated as we speak. In Dave fashion, I don't want to say anything until it becomes official.[​IMG]