What's new

Lots of WWE DVD news including for Bret Hart, RVD, Eddie Guerrero and more. (1 Viewer)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I will be curious to see if they actually get Bret Hart in to the studio to hoast the thing like they did for Flair.

PaulNewberry

Auditioning
Sure this isn't an April fools joke? Because that Bret Hart collection DVD sounds a little too good to be true.

But all in all that looks like the best lineup of WWE DVDs ever.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Well, to be honest, I thought it was a possibility for a second but I don't believe that it is. If it turns out to be 1 count me among the fooled.

Here are the reasons that I don't believe it is a joke though.

1. The rest of the post is true. There is an ECW DVD being worked on, that was supposed to be out in June. The Benoit DVD is coming out in July. I knew that they were working on the Hall of Fame DVD.
2. The other 2 DVDs mentioned, the Guerrero and RVD sets both seem reasonable also.
3. WWE has been talking about this for awhile, I remember a rumor of a Bret Hart DVD from a year ago February.

Plus, I believe that the guys at pwinsider.com aren't the April fools posting type, or if they are I'm sure they'd come up with a more outrageous story than a phoney Bret Hart DVD.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

That unfortunately cannot happen since WWE does not own that footage, and even if they did there is 0 chance it would end up on there. Lets just say that people in high places in that company *coughCoughVinceCoughCough* do not look at that particular documentary fondly.

I mentioned this in the thread for the Beyond the Mat review, but given the way they reacted to Wrestling with Shadows, and to Beyond the Mat, don't expect them to grant permission for filming to too many documentary film makers.

As for the Hogan/Sting fast count...it was the slowest fast count in the history of wrestling.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Well, I think there is a question of ownership. I believe, but don't know for sure but I believe that the company behind the documentary went bankrupt, I don't know who owns the rights to that footage at this point.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

I don't think so because they only aired the thing, they didn't produce it. A company originating in Canada was the company that produced it, they also produced that Owen Hart biography thing that A&E aired, and not too long after that went under. There is a remote chance that A&E could own the rights but I really don't think that's the case.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Definitely, and I learn something new everytime I watch it.

Tonight on his radio show, Dave Meltzer was under the impression that they were still in the discussion stages about whether or not to do a Bret Hart DVD, and if Bret would be involved. Dave said something like: "I know he'd like to be involved, but I don't know if it is something he could bring himself to do." Ultimately, I believe it will happen, but whether or not he's involved I really have no idea.

SunnyB

Auditioning
i wish they would hurry up with the benoit and guererro dvds especially since ya never know when triple h is gonna take that title back

and does anyone know why the kurt angle disc has been pushed back?

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

The Benoit DVD will hit in July, with Guerrero's possibly in September.

As for the Angle DVD, I don't think any real reason was given other than to do a possible change in format given the success of DVDs like Flair and Foley have gotten. I don't know that to be the case, but its the closest thing to a reason I've read so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks