Lots of New 9.99 DVD's at Overstock.com

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul O, May 28, 2002.

1. Paul O

Paul O Stunt Coordinator

9.99 Free Shipping: Here's what I got..

Moonstruck
    Finding Forrester
    Neil Finn: Sessions at West 54th
    Titan AE
    Dave Matthews Band - Listener Supported
    Thirteen Days

2. GlennH

GlennH Cinematographer

Glenn
    Yes, and many more than that. Some of the best deals (including Sullivan's Travels: Criterion at $9.99 [​IMG] ) are long gone and I didn't get them. [​IMG] But still some good deals there.
    Also, there are $5, $10, and $15 coupons available for $50, $100, $150 purchases if you buy that much (see the coupons section at dvdpricesearch.com).
    I've bought a few times from overstock.com in the past couple months. Everything has arrived as advertised. Very satisfied. [​IMG]

3. Brian E

Brian E Screenwriter

Just picked up Sex and the City S2 for $25. So far I've only gotten in on one Criterion deal there (Spartacus), hopefully they'll have more at some point.

4. DeborahK

DeborahK Supporting Actor

I picked up a Close Encounters for my younger daughter (I already have one) @ $13.99, 2 Year of Living Dangerously @ $9.99 each for myself and a friend (yes, I know it is not a great DVD, but I love the movie and don't have any kind of copy of it), and one Halloween 2 for $6.99. Not bad!

Deborah

5. David Lawson

David Lawson Screenwriter

David Lawson
    It looks like they're adding more stuff at the moment. While I was debating on purchasing Bastard!! for $9.99, Disney's The Jungle Book (according to the image, anyway) also showed up in the list for $9.99.

6. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

I was about to inform you guys about My Man Godfrey for $9.99, but it sold out right after I got my order in.

~T

7. GlennH

GlennH Cinematographer

Glenn
    They keep adding titles this week, but the good stuff disappears fast. I've not been online and checking when the really good stuff has hit.

Also, unfortunately they ended FREE SHIPPING yesterday. Now shipping is $2.95 flat per order. Makes it less desirable to just order one title at a time.

8. Steve_Ch

Steve_Ch Supporting Actor

I am not surprised that they end free shipping now, as their IPO just concluded a couple days ago (kind of poor), they can now lower the "sizzle".

9. Matt Pelham

Matt Pelham Screenwriter

GOOD LORD!! I have a huge list of Criterions I want to buy. I am now checking Overstock twice a day. Please post any more deals like this if anyone finds some.

10. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    Too bad about the free shipping. But. . .
    David, I ordered Bastard!!, and it turned out to be the limited edition including the big action figure! When it showed up, I wondered why an order of 1 disc showed up in such a huge box. [​IMG] (I don't collect them, but it was a nice surprise anyway.)

11. Wade K

Wade K Second Unit

That's been happening on a few things. The Jurassic Park/Lost World set which pops up occasionally for $19.99 is actually the deluxe collector's set which usually sells for over a hundred bucks or so. Unfortunately, I've always been too late for the Criterions, but there's been a lot of good deals to be had there.

12. David Lawson

David Lawson Screenwriter

David Lawson
    Aaron, same here! I was telling my friend the exact same story the other day, as a matter of fact...huge box and everything. [​IMG]