What's new

Lots of debates in the cables section... (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
seems like there's been many debate threads in the cables section lately. i thought we were trying to stay away from those sorts of discussions? just wondering...

Kevin Coleman

Second Unit
Ted,
This is a discussion board. Not an everyone always has to agree board. If they start limiting polite discussions that don't break any forum rules then they are going to lose alot of members.
Kevin C. :)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
yeah...i agree with you 100%. i just thought somewhere that they didn't want people having those discussions.
i (usually) stay out of those anyway... :)
i was just curious...that's all.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Debates--even lively debates--are fine just so long as everyone remains civil and respectful. Those cable threads pushed the limits but remained under control.

Ever see Jason Seaver and me go head to head in a Star Trek thread? We debate all the time, but respect each other and it shows. That makes for a more interesting forum.

Just place nice, and everything's cool.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
good enough for me! :emoji_thumbsup:
who knows...maybe i'll even get brave enough to join in...

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
and considering that cables are a VERY debatable subject, it is entirely appropriate for people to strongly disagree IMO. different users with different setups will see different benefits from using quality cables (if any at all!), so i would be shocked if everyone suddenly started agreeing on this 'controversial' issue.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
To the Moderators, I recall a disclaimer on the tweaks board warning people against "thread crapping". The idea was that only meaningful contributions would be allowed. Was the disclaimer only deemed necessary for an induction period when the board was initiated, or was there a decision by the Moderators to back off from the disclaimer for fear of limiting quality debates? Just curious.

By the way, I am not in any way saying that people have been thread crapping on the tweaks board.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
that's right keith! now i remember why i was thinking they didn't want those types of discussions on that forum...

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
If you're talking about the thread-description blurbs, they were redone during the Forum reorganization. Among other things, the descriptions were edited to eliminate any overt harshness of tone.

Thread crapping is still just as frowned-upon as it ever was. The mods think it's one of the worst-possible "sins" that can be committed here.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Will somebody please tell Michael I'm still not speaking to him--until he turns on his sig-viewing enabler? :D

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Jack,
I just finished creeping into Micheal's modem, where I have enabled his sig viewing option and then disabled his disable button. Feel free to speak to him now. While there, I had the chance to venture into the Moderators area and took it. I went in with brown hair and when I emerged, it was shock-white. The horror...the horror. :D
(This post being completely fanciful-I would never attempt to hack a Moderators computer as there is far too many members I still have to get through)
Bruce

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Jack, thanks for the input. Of course, thread crapping is not allowed, but I feel a disclaimer on the Tweaks board like the one that had in been place is a good idea. Could it have been toned down a bit? Perhaps, though it never bothered me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks