What's new

LOTR Ultimate Edition Box set (1 Viewer)

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Seeing as there are umpteen number of hours of very well made and indepth behind the scenes docs on the EE's I already have I won't be getting this unless it is on an HD format.

I wonder if Gollum will be fixed in FOTR for this set. I thought I read somewhere that Jackson wanted to go back and fix that continuity in design.

KyleC

Supporting Actor
I re-watched FOTR last weekend on my new HDTV, and honestly it looks phenomenal. I'm sure it can get a little better but really how much? The DTS sound is top notch. The only added bonus I can think of besides an HD version is having each movie on 1 disc.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Well, after reading the article, it would probably be interesting to see the deleted scenes, and bloopers, but I don't think I'd re-buy the dvds just for those. Now, if this is the plan for the hi-def format, then I'm all over that, since LOTR will probably be one of the films I'll replace.

Still, I'd be happy if the EEs were the last word for these films-there's more than enough material on them to satisfy most of us.

Arnold Y

Grip
Heh, wouldn't it be interesting if for the HD-DVD version of LotR, the whole trilogy would be meshed together into 1 movie?

Now that would really make me want to buy the set.

I would think he'd do something like this for the HD market, instead of yet ANOTHER standard-def DVD release. But I'm also not sure I want to wait a couple/three years for an HD version of the LOTR trilogy. That's something I'll want right away!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks