LOTR TTT extended edition ripped case

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Trevor_V, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Trevor_V

Trevor_V Auditioning

I bought my set at best buy, and instead of attaching the paper cover (the one that tells you what's on the disc for features etc.) to the back with that stick stuff that peels off easily it was actually attaced with glue. When I tried to take it off it ripped the case of my dvd's.

Does anyone know of this problem and if someone would be able to obtain a replacement slipcase for these discs? Who would you contact? I've been all over New Line's site and can't find contact information anywhere there.

2. Chazz_S

Chazz_S Supporting Actor

Just take it back to best buy, that would be the easiest solution I'd imagine.

3. Trevor_V

Trevor_V Auditioning

Unfortunately that option isn't open to me since it's been a few months since I bought it.

4. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

Go to Home Depot and tell them you need them to mix up a small batch of paint to match the color, then apply.

5. JasonRH

JasonRH Second Unit

I got a replacement for the box from Alliance (as did a friend of mine) but I can't remember the e-mail address right now. Do a search in this forum for other LOTR:TTT threads. The information is in there. Good luck

6. I don't know how extensive the damage is...but since I buy almost everything used, I have some experience touching up packaging problems.

Each situation is little different, but I find a good set of multi-colored permanent markers are helpful.

Black paper SEs with worn corners and edges are the easiest to darken and coverup, but I've done it with other colors too.

In short, you might try a brown marker.

7. JasonRH

JasonRH Second Unit

8. DouglasRobert

DouglasRobert Second Unit

This is why I left the plastic wrap intact and only opened up the end to gain access to the DVD's. I did this with both FOTR and TTT EE sets. And everything is still in excellent condition.

The only set where I had the paper come off the back was Men in Black Limited Edition. Had to take off the entire plastic wrap and when I put it on the shelf, the paper got bent and tore off.

9. jonathanR

jonathanR Stunt Coordinator

I know this might be out of category but about 3 months ago I bought the EE of LOTR: FOTR. I just recently ran it for a test run and found out that Disc #1 has a glitch on it. It's right when Gandolf leaves the tower on horse back. It jumps for like 4 seconds. I don't believe it's scratched. Am I gonna have to buy the set all over agian or borrow a friends' to make a dvdxcopy of it? I dont think I can buy 1 out of 4 from Newline. Ahhhhhh.

Joe[​IMG]