What's new

LotR: The Two Towers -- What did YOU think? Disappointed? Loved it? Vote now! (1 Viewer)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
< 2 > - I HAVE read the book many times and I LOVED The Two Towers.
A book and a film are two very different mediums, I'm not going to hate a perfectly good film just because its missing some passages from the book. The book will always be there to be read and re-read.
Peter Jackson has done an excellent job of adapting a trilogy of books which were once deemed unfilmable, 9 hours of film to tell the story at a cost of $300 million is more than I could have hoped for.:emoji_thumbsup:

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
< 1 > - I HAVEN'T read the book and I LOVED The Two Towers.

I thought TTT was even better than FOTR, and it deepened my respect for that film. I can't wait to read the books now.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I have read the book, and I really liked the film. A few of the changes give me pause as at least one (the Aragorn going over the cliff thing) was completely unnecessary and a waste of time.

I'm somewhat reserving judgement because I know I'm most likely not seeing the best version of the film. I thought FOTR: EE was a big improvement over the theatrical version and I expect TTT: EE to be the same.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
It's hard for me to pick one of the four choices, because my mind changes from time to time about Lord of the Ring: The Two Towers.

As a movie, I immensely enjoy The Two Towers. Measuring it on it's own merits, it is one of the most wonderful film experiences I've had in a long time, and I may even say it's my favorite for the year 2002.

But as a book adaptation, it's just plain awful. I'm extraordinarily forgiving when it comes to changes for the sake of making a more plausible cinematic experience, but the changes PJ and company made to The Two Towers just leave me shocked.

rhett

Supporting Actor

Although my expectations were rather low, so I wasn't really all that disappointed.

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
< 2 > - I HAVE read the book and I LOVED The Two Towers.
Tis fine with me if the book doesn't line up exactly with the movie. Makes em both that much more interesting :)

Joe D

Supporting Actor
2 & 3

I enjoyed the movie overall. After repeat vieweings I'm sure I won't mind the changes made but...

I didn't care for the following scenes:
Aragon falling over the cliff
The love scenes were a little too overdone
Tossing the dwarf bit again

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
2 - I've got problems with some of PJ's choices, but I think it's at least as good as the original theatrical cut of FOTR. I would expect/hope the EE DVD to include much more extra footage than Fellowship needed. Still, what an incredible movie experience it is.

BTW, I don't agree that Fellowship is more complicated. TT is far more complicated cinematically in that there are three major plot strands that have to be effectively intertwined. In FOTR, there was only the one major journey by our protagonists who both gained and lost members along the way.

Scott_MacD

Supporting Actor
2 - I was pleased with the film, and have read the book.

IMHO, it's not as splendidly accomplished as The Fellowship of the Ring, but I'm genuinely excited about the film.

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
< 2 > - I HAVE read the book and I LOVED The Two Towers.

PJ is a genius to pull this off. Yes, there are some minor quibbles, but seriously could anyone have done it better? I don't think so...

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
< 4 > - I HAVEN'T read the book and was DISAPPOINTED with The Two Towers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks