What's new

LOTR Slipcase Offer - Any Equivalent Offer for Canadians? (1 Viewer)

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Paul: just got this "for Christmas", watched it yesterday. For the slipcase, no proof of purchase is apparently required. Cheques OK...they've also always taken regular cheques in the past. 8-10 weeks to process. Says for Canadian residents only, and limited quantities, one per family, until they run out.

Is this a thick cardboard case, or cheap thin cardboard that'll come folded up?? I haven't seen one in the stores yet.

BTW, is this the first $5 rebate like they've always had in the U.S. when you buy the theatrical and EE discs? I've never got a coupon for one before, unless I lost or tossed them. Anyway, POP is needed for the rebate. Same place as for slipcase.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
^Thanks Craig, I should be alright then.

I've seen the set in stores and the casing is the same type of packaging like the Slipcases for the EE's themselves. So I assume Alliance knows this and is taking that into consideration with the shipping.

Michael_EC

Stunt Coordinator

I know at Rogers Video they were giving away theatrical edition boxes with the purchase of Return of the King 2-disc. I don't know if the offer was also made at other stores.

Devin_C

Stunt Coordinator
If it's like the Jurassic Park offer in JP3, the box will be flat in an envelope, and you'll get to fold it together yourself. :)

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
If it is the same as the case that comes with the EE box set in stores then you will not be able to fold it yourself b/c it is all one piece. The slipcase appears to be the same as the outer box of each individual EE just bigger of course. I looked at one in Target the other day.

Aaron Thorne

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone actually recieved the slipcover yet? I ordered mine as soon as the site launched and no sign of it yet.

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
Wasn't it a 8-10 week wait? I wouldn't expect anything until March or April.

edit-from the official site: "Please allow 8 - 10 weeks for delivery." So yup, it's going to be a while.

Ben Osborne

Second Unit
I also ordered the case the first day the DVD came out, and the charge I made to New Line has not cleared my bank yet.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
I just thought of something. I'm going to be moving to a new apartment at the end of February. Is there a phone number I could call to change my address if I have not received by the time I move?

Aaron Thorne

Stunt Coordinator
You could always let your apartment complex know about the situation and have them call you when it arrives.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter

Got the same crap. Luckly I have a friend who owed me a favor and he gave me his - so I'm about to send it out to Alliance.

Devin_C

Stunt Coordinator
Joseph J.D oh, poo. I got my Gift set from Amazon.ca, and there was no such coupon in my case (in the giftset box, or in the extended edition box). Did they send your cheque/money order back as well with the letter? I got a copy of the french offer form from a friend but I didn't send it in (was worried I'd get a french box).

Sebastien S

Second Unit
I received mine yesterday! :)

Just a small note for those who use "knifes" or "paper openers"... Be very carefull. The slipcase is a cardboard box that is packaged inside... Another cardboard box.

There is no protection or protective material between the two... It would be very easy to cut or scratch the actual slipcase when opening the outer box with a tool!

Rolando

Screenwriter
ok so how can I get the slip case for the 2 disc versions? anyone know where I can get a copy of the form?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks